from South Pacific, as I've mentioned before. You HAD to present this song too - if you wanted a license to present this (wildly popular) play.

We could minutely disassemble the emotional ingredients of 'pure hatred' I suppose - were we a lot wiser than we are. Obviously every psych, sociology (!) and anthropology course could spend weeks on it.

I'll settle for (merely from experience) the song being close enough for government work - to Truth. Kids can "hate mommy" for 13 seconds when she takes away ___ and similar countless examples. As the Jesuits observe, and from hundreds of years experience of intentional inculcation into malleable children: give me a child until age 5, and s/he's ours.. (BTW - aforementioned folk obviously deem it 'moral' to brainwash children, because They of course are teaching Truth, and so.. it isn't *really* child abuse.)

But to carry into a permanent juvenile state (never achieving adulthood or self-knowledge, implicitly) a visceral hatred for Any [thing]: such occurs IMhO *only* via careful and reinforced inculcation by parents / or one's childhood milieu or both. And ridding oneself of such aberration is akin to deprogramming oneself from: the various sorts of other habits earlier induced by this ~brainwashing technique (religious, political, existential).

A.