IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why switch?
Actually I want to be able to use both. Get the best of both worlds.

I will put in the effort to learn, but my time set aside for learning is limited.

If I download Debian, will I get help from here? I am willing to fill out a problem report, if someone sends me a blank one.

I am trying to figure out DragonLinux, I did a search on distros and found it interesting. It should be one of the most painless to install due to its nature and simplicity.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Re: Why switch?
I offered you a direct solution and you refuse. Why?
-drl
New Too many choices
I made a choice, and you do not like it. What am I supposed to do run SuSE like you instead of DragonLinux? No matter what choice I make, most people here are going to be unhappy.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New No choice
You don't have to make any choices - just follow my directions to the letter. I don't even have to visit you. Once you are up I can remotely set things up with VNC or even simple telnet access. You get a Linux system, configured by an experienced person, and then you can go to town.

The differences in distributions are not important enough for a newbie to be showstoppers. They all have good and bad points.

Repeat: send me a detailed hardware report on the target system and we'll get started. You don't have to do anything at all.
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter Jan. 30, 2004, 04:00:11 PM EST
New Let me consider it
I have to go out of town tomorrow and then study for a final exam. Will this be SuSE? Also give me some time to get data off the 98SE system before I get ready to format it.

For VNC access, I'll need the port number to punch a hole through my DSL router firewall.

New Dude...
You don't fuckin care who you make happy/unhappy here. Just fuckin do it, awready!

Your ability and willingness to take on a new endeavor cannot be based on whether it will make me happy. (Unless, of course, you're planning on supporting Duh in the next election; in which case, we'll have some words!)
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating that facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT
     Ah yes a C++ tutorial for VB programmers. - (orion) - (24)
         Re: Ah yes a C++ tutorial for VB programmers. - (deSitter) - (23)
             Well it is a start - (orion) - (17)
                 No, it is NOT a start - (deSitter) - (16)
                     Learning something new - (orion) - (14)
                         just wait for the microsoft version of linux - (boxley) - (1)
                             No I won't - (orion)
                         Pull the other one - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             You pull the other one - (orion) - (7)
                                 Linux takes study - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                                     Why switch? - (orion) - (5)
                                         Re: Why switch? - (deSitter) - (4)
                                             Too many choices - (orion) - (3)
                                                 No choice - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                     Let me consider it - (orion)
                                                 Dude... - (jb4)
                         How 2 pick a distro and get running today - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                             Saving a step - (ChrisR)
                             Help me pick a Linux distro (new thread) - (orion)
                     FWIW, you don't have to use Linux to use Python - (FuManChu)
             **Gak**...**choke**...*wheeze**...>>faint<< - (jb4) - (4)
                 Yes - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Beg to differ - (jb4) - (2)
                         Re: Beg to differ - (deSitter)
                         MFC and its templates, documents and views - (Arkadiy)

* "The futexes are also cursed."
* "But they come in a choice of three flavours!"
179 ms