IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Alternative sources of energy
The Hydro Electric power is good, but only if you are near a source of high powered water like a river that you can build a dam on.

Solar power works, but only when the sun is shining.

Geothermic power has possibilities, but not sure if we have enough research to pull it off?

We still should have plenty of coal, but need to figure out a solution to the pollution problem caused by burning it. Also the safety and health of the miners to mine the coal comes into question.

Antimatter explosions are way beyond our technology to control.

Wind powered windmills only work when the wind is blowing.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Landfills
The way I see it, landfills are the best counter to burning fossile fuels. Most of what goes into them is wood and paper - in other words, carbon. Problem is, I don't think we can generate enough waste to keep up with our energy needs.

Eventually, of course, the landfills will become coal beds, but not until after millions of years of geological upheval (and they'd have to be a lot bigger than they are now).
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Problem with landfills
is that they have other waste besides paper and wood. Like clothes, shoes, rotten food, metal, plastic, etc. You would have to hire a team to sort the landfill and remove the stuff that should not be used as fuel.

Research into hydrogen fuel cells might be interesting if they can make giant fuel cells. Just get a source of H2O and use electricity to seperate the hydrogen from the oxygen and use the hydrogen as fuel for the cells to generate power. I do not think this technology has been perfected yet.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New I'm not saying use it for fuel . .
. . I'm saying it's a carbon dump, burying carbon counters digging it out and pumping it out. I just don't think the balance is enough.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Should we redevelop nuclear power? - (deSitter) - (35)
         Depends. - (Another Scott)
         'Too cheap to meter' . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
             Alternative sources of energy - (orion) - (3)
                 Landfills - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     Problem with landfills - (orion) - (1)
                         I'm not saying use it for fuel . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Re: 'Too cheap to meter' . . . - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Problems of scale. - (Andrew Grygus)
         strontium ninety reactors - (boxley)
         Some pro-nuke information - (deSitter)
         Re: Should we redevelop nuclear power? NO - (Ashton) - (10)
             Biggest reason for a resounding No Way in Hell! - (Silverlock) - (6)
                 Re: Biggest reason for a resounding No Way in Hell! - (deSitter) - (5)
                     Strange - (Silverlock) - (4)
                         There are really no alternatives - (deSitter) - (3)
                             There will be foxhole conversions... - (inthane-chan)
                             You're not looking - (tuberculosis)
                             Re: There are really no alternatives - in haste - (Ashton)
             Remember this, you can never put too much water in a nuclear - (orion)
             Little comparison - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                 Point >|< missed - (Ashton)
         'potentially unacceptable consequences' - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
             ROFL - (deSitter) - (11)
                 And in other historic proud moments... - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Speaking of bombing SC: remember "Special Bulletin"? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         And on that serious note - (deSitter)
                 Commercial reactors would be much safer . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                     ROFL! - (deSitter)
                     Remember flic re nuke sub, ship in 'conflict'? - (Ashton) - (5)
                         The Bedford Incident - (altmann)
                         Hunt For Red October, IIRC. -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             Nope. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                 Definitely "The Bedford Incident" - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                     Ah.. "The Bells of St. Mary's" - (Ashton)
         "Is there any hope for nuclear power?" - (jb4)

Void where prohibited.
108 ms