IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So much for trust
trust just went out of the window. Make sure they don't eat any poppy seeds before taking those tests. Or any other false positives.

Not that I am for drugs, but this is getting out of hand. What if the parents cannot afford the $60 to testing? Does their child get expelled for not taking the test? What if the child is on perscription drugs that are federally controlled because they are narcotics due to a medical conditon. Could the test tell the difference between the perscrip[tion drug and a real narcotic?

Before you say "But what do they have to hide?" consider this:

You shop at a store, and then ten security gaurds surrond you and one of them says "We've had a problem with shoplifters recently, so now every 5th customer gets stripped searched and body cavity searched. You are the fifth customer, now submit to the searches or we will press charges against you for shoplifting." Would you submit to the searches? If not, what do you have to hide?

Drug use is hard to hide anyway, you can tell by a child's reactions and behavior most of the time if they are on drugs. Use testing when you suspect the child of being on drugs, but for pity's sake don't test every child. Consider the cost, consider the time wasted, and consider the invasion of privacy to the children who are not on drugs but have to take the test anyway.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New One nit

What if the parents cannot afford the $60 to testing?

St. Pat's is a private school run by the Catholic archdiocese of Chicago; I'm guessing tuition, books, uniforms, etc. run about $2000 annually per student. Parents send their kids here BY CHOICE. If, after all of the fees, they can't afford the extra $60, then they're stretching their finances way too thin in the first place. I'm sure the school will let the parents make payments for their child's test. Besides, the school is announcing this 9 months in advance to give next year's students and parents fair warning.
lincoln

"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
     Catholic school to test ALL kids for drugs - (lincoln) - (24)
         I'd like to see it mandatory for all schools - (broomberg) - (19)
             Let's make it mandatory in order to get a license - (Silverlock) - (8)
                 Hmm...I detect.. - (bepatient) - (7)
                     Do you have privacy at a school? - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                         Correct, do you have privacy at work? - (orion)
                         Just because.. - (bepatient) - (4)
                             Property rights - (jake123) - (3)
                                 They are foundational. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     One place where your (and ours, for that matter) legal - (jake123) - (1)
                                         Amen to that. -NT - (bepatient)
             Crock o Spit - (boxley) - (9)
                 Hehe - (broomberg) - (7)
                     Rationalize what it Really Is, all you want - - (Ashton) - (6)
                         Even a bubble won't help Ben - (broomberg) - (1)
                             Sympathies - (Ashton)
                         I only had a dollar to live on till next sunday - (boxley) - (3)
                             Huh? - (broomberg) - (2)
                                 Snowblind, by Steppenwolf - (jake123) - (1)
                                     Acutally Hoyt Axton song - (deSitter)
                 Being drug free - (orion)
         So much for trust - (orion) - (1)
             One nit - (lincoln)
         Employers now testing all new employees - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             Still waiting.. for Kurt V. to tell us What We Are, now. -NT - (Ashton)

Can you stand the excitement?
54 ms