IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Further evidence.
Jesus (if such a person actually existed - evidence lies very thin on the ground) was born at tax time. Tax time during the Roman Empire was in the spring, same as now.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Some people place Jesus's birth in April
but that would be too close to Easter, when Jesus died and rose from the dead. So they had to find another season to place Christmas in. Seems like December was a better choice, near Haunaka and other celebrations from other religions. Of course it looks like some things were borrowed from other religions as well. Trees, Mistletoe, Gifts, Elves, Santa's magic to name a few. Problem is that these things make people forget about Jesus. Ask a child about Christmas and they will respond Satna Claus instead of Jesus most of the time. Why? Because it isn't Jesus giving them gifts, it is Santa Claus. To them Jesus is that baby born in the Manger placed under the tree. The one that the Wise Men or Three Kings gave gifts to.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

That ISN'T what the season's about - (ben_tilly) - (10)
         Re: That ISN'T what the season's about - (Nightowl)
         Further evidence. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Some people place Jesus's birth in April - (orion)
         Oh, I'm aware of that... - (inthane-chan)
         Specific reason for Christmas - (deSitter) - (2)
             Reminds me of this - (altmann) - (1)
                 Pretty weird - (deSitter)
         Winter solstice is the reason for the season. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         All it means is - (cwbrenn) - (1)
             Ecumenical LRPD: " Thank GOD you finished that sentence." -NT - (Ashton)

Excuse me while I call for a mop.
38 ms