IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I understand Jihad...
Jihad is a "holy struggle against evil".

For moderate or liberal Muslims, this is a spiritual "good and evil" struggle, mostly fought in the head, in the heart, and defeated by prayer and study of the Quran.

For extreme Muslims, Jihad is literally a fight to the death.

The problem I have is that, in Christianity, we treat people who claim Jesus as Lord and Savior, then kill, hate, and destroy other people as non-Christians.

Christianity has it's own struggle against the forces of Satan, and for the huge majority of us, that's a spiritual struggle, also.

But, if someone comes claiming Jesus as Lord, then hating a person, it makes about as much sense as the aliens in Mars Attacks, who tell people "we come in peace, take us to your leader", then bring out their ray guns and kill all the Congressmen.

I guess the problem I have with the Muslims is that even the extreme factions of Islam that believe in Jihad are still considered "brothers in the faith". Osama Bin Laden is not considered a heretic by most of the clerics in Islam. They accept that his "struggle" is real, with guns and bombs, and that's OK. Funding pours out of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Iran to keep him operating. That "struggle" is a real fight for a lot of Muslims.

How many Christians would accept Branch Davidians (David Koresh, Waco) as Christian Brothers?

Glen Austin
New And this explains the Crusader's sacking of Zara...
and [link|http://www.roman-empire.net/constant/1203-1204.html|Constantinople] during the Fourth Crusade how? Those were Christian cities at the time by the way.
Alex

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves." -- Eric Hoffer
New Not all Christians do that

The problem I have is that, in Christianity, we treat people who claim Jesus as Lord and Savior, then kill, hate, and destroy other people as non-Christians.

I don't kill, hate, or destroy non-Christians. I have a Buddist brother-in-law and know many Buddists. My religion is not theirs, yet sometimes my wife and I take some Thai Buddist Monks out for lunch.

I have friends of many faiths.

I don't try and convert people to Christianity, not unless they have decided to do so themselves. I cannot force them to make that decision. I can tell them about my relationship with Jesus and how it effects me.

I don't even hate the Athesists who call me a Dim because I believe in God. Even if I think it is a not so nice way to describe someone who doesn't believe the same as them. I don't think non-believers are stupid because they don't believe in Jesus, for example. I think that thinking they are stupid is wrong.

The Branch Davidians didn't have a whole network of terrorists that spans many countries. They were just a bunch of Religious Zealots with guns, and their leader thought he was Jesus reborn. Other Muslims may fear Osama and his terrorist network. They see him as a scholar who has studied scripture. I tell you this, nothing good can ever come from something made of hate and intolerance. Their religion teaches them to respect scholars, to also follow them. I agree that they should reject him because he is not being true to Islam. It must be a political thing, that if they did so, he would have his network attack them, just like they are attacking Iraq. Imagine if the Davidians told the 700 Club to support them or else they will send armed members over to kill them. This is what I think is happening to other Muslims.

We simply cannot declare war on Islam and the whole Muslim world. We should find allies in the Muslim world to combat the terrorists.

I can see why no interest was chanrged on the money sent to Iraq, it is against Islam to charge interest on a loan. They made it a grant to get the Iraqi people on their side. So it is more of a PR thing, but it is costing us billions to do it.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Their god started it, but is that god Allah? - (marlowe) - (29)
         GO AWAY (new thread) - (deSitter)
         They are not true Muslims - (orion) - (27)
             I still have my doubts about Islam as such. - (marlowe) - (26)
                 The nearest to you is ever yourself. -NT - (Arkadiy)
                 But doesn't the Bible contain similar statements? -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                     It very well might - (orion)
                 Don't understand? - (GBert) - (17)
                     What about Jihad? - (gdaustin) - (16)
                         Glen, - (boxley) - (10)
                             Sticking my oar in... - (static) - (9)
                                 Senior what? - (pwhysall)
                                 Jesus said.... - (gdaustin) - (7)
                                     If you ever need a resource for spreading that vision - (FuManChu) - (2)
                                         Also, Glen check out Angel Tree - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                             We already do something like that.... - (gdaustin)
                                     Re: Jesus said.... - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         Re: Jesus said.... - (Nightowl)
                                     Before you do - (Arkadiy)
                                     Re: Jesus said.... - (Nightowl)
                         Jihad is not a holy war, read on... - (orion) - (4)
                             I understand Jihad... - (gdaustin) - (2)
                                 And this explains the Crusader's sacking of Zara... - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Not all Christians do that - (orion)
                             Jihad is a word with more then one meaning - (JayMehaffey)
                 Again it depends on the people - (orion) - (2)
                     Granted, but the question still begs... - (marlowe) - (1)
                         From what I understand - (orion)
                 apparently you never used Kahil Gibran to get laid -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Guilty... and Cat Stevens to boot. :-) -NT - (screamer)

Sheep. Hmm.
62 ms