IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Jesus said....
That the rich are "getting their reward" here on earth.

When the "important people" pray, people listen. But when someone pours out their soul in private, God listens. So who do you want hearing your prayers?

Jesus told Peter that if he wanted to be a leader, he needed to become a servant. Then he demonstrated it by taking off his outer garmet and washing the disciples feet. Which would be like Jack Graham (senior pastor of Prestonwood Baptist church 12,000 members), going into a restaurant and cleaning tables or cleaning a bathroom.

So, I agree. We are going to adopt a family on the tough end of town this Christmas. We're going to take the gifts to them. I want my kids to understand how the other 90% lives, AND I want them to appreciate what they have and the need to share it.

Yes, I'm a Christian in word, and I try to be in deed, also. I want next year to be about helping people as much as we can, 'cause the world ain't gettin' any better.

Glen Austin
Expand Edited by gdaustin Nov. 30, 2003, 08:54:44 AM EST
New If you ever need a resource for spreading that vision
...we specialize in growing that 10%--demonstrating what poverty is, why Jesus favored the poor, and what a considerate Christian can do to be like Him in that respect. We've been doing it for over 20 years now. [link|http://www.amor.org|http://www.amor.org] Bring a group from your church this Summer, if you can, or bring your fmaily to Family Camp in June. You provide the people; we'll provide the opportunity. Nice to see you exploring the tough neighborhoods of Christendom. ;)
New Also, Glen check out Angel Tree
[link|http://www.angeltree.org|http://www.angeltree.org]
New We already do something like that....
Our "LifeGroup" is adopting a family. 4 kids, mother, father just died of a stroke 1 day after being laid off.

Glen Austin
New Re: Jesus said....
I know your heart is in the right place, but that's not what's needed - to make people feel helpless. What's needed is to answer when called, and you know when that is - and then to go back into your corner and allow God to leave you alone.
-drl
I know your heart is in the right place, but that's not what's needed - to make people feel helpless....

I'm confused, DeSitter. How is helping people, making them feel helpless? I certainly don't do that when I help people.

Nightowl >8#

"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
New Before you do
Read "The Hogfather" and try not to repeat the knig's exploits.
--

The rich, as usual, are employing the elected.
-- [link|http://unfit2print.blogspot.com/|http://unfit2print.blogspot.com/]
Yes, I'm a Christian in word, and I try to be in deed, also. I want next year to be about helping people as much as we can, 'cause the world ain't gettin' any better.

I agree, Glen. I'm also a Christian, and I can't do a lot financially, but I do what I can when I can, in other ways, and when I can do something financially, I do. When the last church before mine now, closed, they left us money to distribute to either the needy or another church. I gave a fellow Affinity member some of that money when her husband had a heartattack, and she had 4 kids and was in financial straits, and I distributed the remaining money to my current church over time.

But I help in other ways, or I try to. I try to help people by being there for them, by praying for them, by listening to them. If they need a ride somewhere and I can manage it, I do that. If they need something done that's complicated, like dealing with the FCC for a phone slamming issue, I do that.

I don't do it for reward or glory or money. I don't even really do it for the thanks, I do it because it's what I SHOULD do if I can. Fortunately though, I have also learned the difference between genuinely helping people in need and being taken advantage of, because once upon a time, I was in the position of the latter.

I don't know much about Islam or Muslems, but I never lump one group of people together for anything and claim they believe the same thing or are the same way. Not even Christians, because many Christians have diverse beliefs also. Each believer believes in his religion in his/her own way, and practices it according to his interpretations of what is expected.

I figure if more people helped one another, and practiced more tolerance and acceptance of others differences, within reason, the world would be a better place.

Nightowl >8#

"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
     Their god started it, but is that god Allah? - (marlowe) - (29)
         GO AWAY (new thread) - (deSitter)
         They are not true Muslims - (orion) - (27)
             I still have my doubts about Islam as such. - (marlowe) - (26)
                 The nearest to you is ever yourself. -NT - (Arkadiy)
                 But doesn't the Bible contain similar statements? -NT - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                     It very well might - (orion)
                 Don't understand? - (GBert) - (17)
                     What about Jihad? - (gdaustin) - (16)
                         Glen, - (boxley) - (10)
                             Sticking my oar in... - (static) - (9)
                                 Senior what? - (pwhysall)
                                 Jesus said.... - (gdaustin) - (7)
                                     If you ever need a resource for spreading that vision - (FuManChu) - (2)
                                         Also, Glen check out Angel Tree - (FuManChu) - (1)
                                             We already do something like that.... - (gdaustin)
                                     Re: Jesus said.... - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         Re: Jesus said.... - (Nightowl)
                                     Before you do - (Arkadiy)
                                     Re: Jesus said.... - (Nightowl)
                         Jihad is not a holy war, read on... - (orion) - (4)
                             I understand Jihad... - (gdaustin) - (2)
                                 And this explains the Crusader's sacking of Zara... - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Not all Christians do that - (orion)
                             Jihad is a word with more then one meaning - (JayMehaffey)
                 Again it depends on the people - (orion) - (2)
                     Granted, but the question still begs... - (marlowe) - (1)
                         From what I understand - (orion)
                 apparently you never used Kahil Gibran to get laid -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Guilty... and Cat Stevens to boot. :-) -NT - (screamer)

Our Internal Subterfuge is up 80%! Good Job, way to go!
149 ms