IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Seems to work fine.
The only place I couldn't get AF to work (other than in Super Macro mode) was in a pitch black room. I think the issue is more size of focus area when it's looking at something really close.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Re: Seems to work fine.
Just for completeness, the real issue is - in low light the lens opens, and depth of field
gets shallow. My Nikon N2200 (alas, ripped off) would go "zztt zztt zztt zztt" as it bracketed
the focus in low light. I'm sure they've improved these days, but it's still an issue.
-drl
New Not in this case.
The issue seems to be that with very close subjects, the AF field of activity is too varied to be able to peg the correct depth properly, bright light or no.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New In my case, I think, it's a different issue
The camera is looking for the cleanest edges, while changing the focus. If there is not enough light to produce the picture w/o noise, the eges are drowned out, and the focus cannot be registered. I can actually see it happening on the built-in display
--

OK, George W. is deceptive to be sure. Dissembling, too. And let's not forget deceitful. He is lacking veracity and frankness, and void of sooth, though seemingly sincere in his proclivity for pretense. But he did not lie.
[link|http://www.jointhebushwhackers.com/not_a_liar.cfm|Brian Wimer]
     Pentax Optio 550 - (admin) - (29)
         Does AF work in low light? - (Arkadiy) - (4)
             Seems to work fine. - (admin) - (3)
                 Re: Seems to work fine. - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Not in this case. - (admin)
                     In my case, I think, it's a different issue - (Arkadiy)
         Bought my wife a Sony 5 Meg. - (mmoffitt) - (23)
             I take much better pictures with this - (admin)
             Prima donna :-P - (drewk) - (21)
                 Ha! - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                     Famous last words. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         Re: never be able to fly. - (mmoffitt)
                     Canon AL-1 - (Ashton) - (12)
                         Damn straight. - (admin) - (2)
                             There need be no actual argument about 'better'. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Wasted shots aren't all about bracketing. - (admin)
                         Re: Canon AL-1 - (deSitter) - (7)
                             Today's $10k digital rig will be $400 on eBay in 10 years - (drewk) - (5)
                                 Right. - (admin)
                                 Subtle, important differences.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     Re: Subtle, important differences.. - (admin) - (2)
                                         Not really - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Again, that's the photographer, not the tools. - (admin)
                             Kodak DCS Pro 14n - (static)
                         The world is analog. - (Arkadiy)
                     Just figured out what I was trying to put into words - (drewk) - (4)
                         But that's not what the anal-ogists here are saying. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                             Also, there's Kodak. - (a6l6e6x)
                             Re: But that's not what the anal-ogists here are saying. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Vorsetzer = lit. "sEtter-in-front", actually... - (CRConrad)

Deep down facial creases!
58 ms