IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ?
So I should just "watch what I say, watch what I do" even in the people's air, right?
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Not quite...
...its more like...avoid doing this (and circling a nuclear facility would be an obvious thing to avoid) and everything is cool...if you do NOT avoid doing this...please expect us to have a few questions for you afterwards.

Since when is it the "people's air"? Is that something that you expect to be different than say..."territorial waters"?

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New It is the people's air
just like you can take your boat anywhere you want in territorial waters.

It's called mobility rights, and they are a very important part of the package of basic civil rights in a free society.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New But would I not...
...expect to be looked at somewhat suspiciously if I happen to park said boat in front of a nuclear sub facility...or should I be allowed to park it in the center of a shipping channel?

You are certainly allowed to use the airspace...however you are required to be licensed and you must meet certain requirements to operate inside said "air".

So while you consider it a "right"...it is pretty much handled as a priviledge (much like drivers licensing) and can have (and does) a certain measure of control over it dictated by the state.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Not Xactly.
Owner built aircraft do not require the pilot to hold a license to fly in the nation's airspace. We're talking about "uncontrolled airspace" here, not some Class C or monster Class B airspace.

It is "ours" in much the same way as the airwaves used to be "ours".
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
     Is this a '5th Column' found within US Army ? - (dmarker) - (37)
         If so, not the first one. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             and Hansen? Or do mormons get a free pass? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Hansen was FBI, not military. - (a6l6e6x)
         Hard to say from what I have seen - (JayMehaffey) - (9)
             Amen to that sentiment. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                 Big question - (jake123) - (6)
                     The process needs to be open. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Doesn't mean it will be - (jake123) - (3)
                             Military Court Martial - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                 Fertile ground for speculation - (jake123) - (1)
                                     Every repressive regime requires a Bonhoeffer to appear - (Ashton)
                     Trial? What makes you think we still do that? -NT - (mmoffitt)
             dreyfus case? -NT - (boxley)
         Another Airman charged as spy for Syria - (JayMehaffey)
         Third Gitmo related arrest - (JayMehaffey) - (22)
             This is America. - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                 Hey...wait... - (bepatient) - (18)
                     You might want to run that by... - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                         Huh? - (bepatient) - (7)
                             You'd be amazed... - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                 Re: You'd be amazed... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                     ? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                         Not quite... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                             It is the people's air - (jake123) - (2)
                                                 But would I not... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     Not Xactly. - (mmoffitt)
                     Not a Cessna; an ultralight instead - (bbronson) - (8)
                         Amen. And, btw, ... - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                             Birds don't have nosewheels, either, so... - (bbronson) - (6)
                                 Man, I almost envy you. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                     No cross countries yet - (bbronson) - (4)
                                         If it isn't 50 nm, it isn't. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                             It's 70 nm from KUES to KMTW - (bbronson) - (2)
                                                 Cool. Have fun. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Thanks. Already had airnav bookmarked! Great site - (bbronson)
             Re: Third Gitmo related arrest - (deSitter) - (1)
                 You may also recall that the identities of the prisoners is - (a6l6e6x)

We're sorry. Your LRPD has been back-ordered, and will ship when stocks have been replenished.
74 ms