IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New not very nice wording, if you ask me
but I have experienced similar environmental issues in my own life. Wade's description fits patterns I have observed; I trust his analysis and conclusions more often than yours as a rule.

A more diplomatic way to say such may be something like, "His thinking style and experience seem to better match my own than yours".

My techniques work (at least if you think like I do). Tables are objectively more compact information-wise because they use context instead of localized attribute labels/methods to specify what an attribute is. And, I think most would agree that one can see more row-wise and column-wise patterns in attributes as a table than as a bunch of linearized class attributes or XML. I am simply applying these universal truths to software development. Plus, one can do relational algebra and other table-browser tricks on tables to customize your view of the attributes. You are not stuck with Bill Gates' or Gozling's view of the friggen code. TOP gives me the freedom to see bunches of attributes as *I* want to see them, filtered row-wise, column-wise, and join-wise how I want. I become the master of my working domain, not Gozling. It seems so obvious to me. Why most of you want that tangled, static, linearized, 60's navigational-DB-style mess, I have no friggen idea. You people have weird brains. I better clone myself 100 times before more OO and array heads reproduce and kill off the last table fans.
         Code that's called once... - (admin) - (21)
             What he said, with more detail - (drewk) - (20)
                 Re: What he said, with more detail - (deSitter) - (2)
                     Uhh, HTML *is* structured - (drewk) - (1)
                         HTML not a page definition language - (deSitter)
                 What he said, and what he before him said ... - (JimWeirich) - (15)
                     Someone confirm/deny what I was told - (drewk) - (13)
                         Depends on the language - (admin) - (7)
                             Re: Depends on the language - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 Sounds more like FORTRAN - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Yes, very FORTRANish - (admin)
                             Different reason for that, I believe - (drewk) - (3)
                                 We did testing... - (admin) - (2)
                                     D'oh! - (drewk) - (1)
                                         ROFL. -NT - (admin)
                         I have a 1GHz laptop - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                             Or better yet - (Arkadiy)
                         Re: Someone confirm/deny what I was told - (JimWeirich) - (1)
                             Yeah that guy gets around! - (tuberculosis)
                         Puh-LEEEEZE! - (jb4)
                     How big a block? - (static)
                 Pascal has one up on PHP - (tablizer)
         Re: inline PHP code and HTML - (tuberculosis) - (18)
             Copy and Paste vs Functions. - (static) - (17)
                 Nothing wrong with 12 4-5 line functions - (admin)
                 Typical size of a method in Smalltalk is probably 4-5 lines - (tuberculosis) - (15)
                     Um. Yabut. - (FuManChu) - (14)
                         I was wondering how to say that. :-) - (static) - (13)
                             I'm going for fairly strict layout/form/content separation - (FuManChu)
                             Do I smell another "OO is better abstraction" war brewing? - (tablizer) - (11)
                                 That is a fault of history OF the current language. - (FuManChu) - (4)
                                     So you reject a language because - (tablizer) - (3)
                                         Not at all. - (FuManChu) - (2)
                                             not very nice wording, if you ask me - (tablizer) - (1)
                                                 Then you might have guessed I wasn't trying to be diplomatic -NT - (FuManChu)
                                 Not unless you're spoiling for a fight. -NT - (static) - (1)
                                     No, fighting the spOOilings -NT - (tablizer)
                                 Hey Bryce... - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                     Perhaps - (tablizer) - (2)
                                         I've read way too many Oracle books lately - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                             thanks for the quote -NT - (tablizer)
         Re: Question about programming with functions. - (JayMehaffey)
         Code as a Communications Tool - (gdaustin)
         Code for readability - (broomberg) - (3)
             Profiling and optimizing. - (static) - (2)
                 Difficult to optimize the algorithm after the fact - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Yes, I know. - (static)

Then again you wonder how certain people sign their names to anything and still choose to leave the house.
64 ms