IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Actually
It's not performance that I'm after at all - it's recoverability from when Jo comes in, finds the PC booted into Linux, decides she wants to read her email (she has it all set up on the Windows side of things) and hits "reset".

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Heh.
That too. I'm more worried about power outages, though. My son is pretty well trained at this point.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Ya gotta slap the bitch around a bit next time she does that
New !?

Peter
Shill For Hire
New Fuckin' obvious, innit?
What you said,
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=11576|...when Jo comes in, finds the PC booted into Linux, decides she wants to read her email (she has it all set up on the Windows side of things) and hits "reset".]
-- How the fuck can you tolerate that?!? (From a putatively adult and reasonably intelligent person, I take it -- or are you dating a retard?) That's just no way to behave with a computer!

What should also have been fuckin' obvious is that I meant, not necessarily *literally* slapping her around, but give her a fucking strong talking-to: "That's just no way to behave with a computer!"

Just show her how to shut it down -- you usually run Linux with a GUI on, don't you? So it isn't even all that different from how you do it in Windows -- in an orderly fashion. And then you can tell her, "*This* is how to behave with a computer!"
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Sigh.
What is a person supposed to do when faced with the XScreensaver password box?

(Not that YOU've ever seen that in person - *snigger*)

Peter
Shill For Hire
New <ctrl><alt><backspace> - <ctrl><alt><del>
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New :muah
New Hrm.
I would be happier if that *didn't* just kill the X server and drop you back to the GDM chooser...

Some kind of "You are about to kill this session and lose all unsaved work, type in the user's password or the root password" box would be useful.

The day some serious HCI work gets done on GNOME (and there already has been one serious usability study, conducted by Sun) the better. KDE hasn't even had that - they're "thinking about it", apparently.

Peter
Shill For Hire
New Type in the correct password, of course.
Or she hasn't been trusted with that, go find who locked it and make it unlock it.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

Coming Soon: Mandrake 8.1 - (bepatient) - (30)
         Part 2 - (bepatient) - (5)
             Laptops with multiple mice... - (admin)
             Part 3 - (bepatient) - (3)
                 Linmodems - (Steve Lowe)
                 Goin fer broke!!! - (bepatient)
                 Now come the gripes... - (bepatient)
         "It worked perfectly..." - (kmself) - (23)
             Well... - (bepatient) - (22)
                 Brickpad - (kmself) - (21)
                     Still leery of 2.4? - (admin) - (20)
                         2.4.10 == much happiness - (pwhysall) - (19)
                             What was changed? -NT - (admin) - (2)
                                 Re: What was changed? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Ah. - (admin)
                             I'll give it a shot, report back - (kmself) - (15)
                                 Speaking of Reiser FS - (admin) - (14)
                                     I'll be leaping to ext3 - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                         Yes, I like that about ext3 as well. - (admin) - (12)
                                             Call me cynical - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                                 Yours, maybe. - (admin) - (10)
                                                     Actually - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                                         Heh. - (admin)
                                                         Ya gotta slap the bitch around a bit next time she does that -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                             !? -NT - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                                 Fuckin' obvious, innit? - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                                     Sigh. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                                         <ctrl><alt><backspace> - <ctrl><alt><del> -NT - (kmself) - (2)
                                                                             :muah -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                             Hrm. - (pwhysall)
                                                                         Type in the correct password, of course. - (static)