IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Part 3
Well...it looks like the rpm that was built for the LtModem [link|http://www.sfu.ca/~cth/ltmodem/mandrake/current/|found here] don't seem to want to work for me.

Now in the messages script is ids and assigns an irq to the modem...but it assigns the modem the same irq as the sound card.

The response from kppp is that the Modem does not respond to initialization string.

And dopey me forgot to check off the kernel source rpm to be installed. Another ID10t error to be dealt with later.

I had instant success with 7.2 when I compiled the rpm myself...maybe I'll have that kind of luck this time. Although I don't think this is a problem with the rpm...and I know you are supposed to be able to share irqs...I've just never had any luck when doing so.

Nautilus and Galeon are amazing improvements in Gnome. Remember I'm starting from Mandrake 7.2 with no upgrades in window managers....so those 2 items weren't there....on 7.2 KDE was the better wm....not so any longer...but they both are pretty damned good. I would still lean towards KDE if I was trying to move a 'doze loozer to Linux, though.

Any thoughts on the lucent issue would be welcome. I need to get some work done though ;)

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Linmodems
Try here:
[link|http://www.linmodems.org/|http://www.linmodems.org/]

I've got the Lucent Winmodem in my work Armada, works well.
-----
Steve
New Goin fer broke!!!
What the hell...brand new distro...lets throw in a brand new office suite.

StarOffice 6 Beta...here I come!!!

I rather liked Staroffice from its early OS/2 days....so it was a natural for me to use it on Linux.

But I did notice that kSpread will open a rather sizable Office2k (Excel) spreadheet. Once its open...you can't do much with it...but it works.

New Now come the gripes...
First...why replace a file manager with another file manager that takes more memory and doesn't have the functionality?

Nautilus cannot open archive files....gmc treated them just like another directory. So now...like WINDOWS (blech) ... I have to use a separate program like gzip to view the internals. PITA. I was initially impressed with it...its wearing off quickly.

Next...I dunno why...but even after installing the kernel headers, the build script for the ltmodem can't seem to find them. Plus...the prebuilt rpm that you get at linmodem.org doesn't take either. So...still no modem.

I did not have this kind of trouble with 7.2 and the modem.

Coming Soon: Mandrake 8.1 - (bepatient) - (30)
         Part 2 - (bepatient) - (5)
             Laptops with multiple mice... - (admin)
             Part 3 - (bepatient) - (3)
                 Linmodems - (Steve Lowe)
                 Goin fer broke!!! - (bepatient)
                 Now come the gripes... - (bepatient)
         "It worked perfectly..." - (kmself) - (23)
             Well... - (bepatient) - (22)
                 Brickpad - (kmself) - (21)
                     Still leery of 2.4? - (admin) - (20)
                         2.4.10 == much happiness - (pwhysall) - (19)
                             What was changed? -NT - (admin) - (2)
                                 Re: What was changed? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Ah. - (admin)
                             I'll give it a shot, report back - (kmself) - (15)
                                 Speaking of Reiser FS - (admin) - (14)
                                     I'll be leaping to ext3 - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                         Yes, I like that about ext3 as well. - (admin) - (12)
                                             Call me cynical - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                                 Yours, maybe. - (admin) - (10)
                                                     Actually - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                                         Heh. - (admin)
                                                         Ya gotta slap the bitch around a bit next time she does that -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                             !? -NT - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                                 Fuckin' obvious, innit? - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                                     Sigh. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                                         <ctrl><alt><backspace> - <ctrl><alt><del> -NT - (kmself) - (2)
                                                                             :muah -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                             Hrm. - (pwhysall)
                                                                         Type in the correct password, of course. - (static)

YOU are gonna lecture ME on 'clear prose'?
119 ms