IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Way wrong?
Let's be clearer here. I have acknowledged that he read the speech well. No, that's not sarcasm: he did so with feeling and that suggests he had some concept of the meaning of the words. Still, many were hyperbole: "Win the War on Sin/Evil" sort of hyperbole. EZ to say.. Meaningless.

What we can rarely determine, without close personal familiarity - or in the case of 'public life', a pattern of actions demonstrating what the speaker meant by the words, - is, "what does he really umm 'comprehend' of world history, how homo-saps dodge&weave" and what does he Really take to be ~ "American values that can never be on the table - for expediency, or just plain Goodness (Security)"?

I give him more benefit of doubt than before his speech. I hope your larger confidence in this man, is not misplaced. We all lose then - and I damn well don't need to be Right (umm..) and 'win' this wonderment about Who He Be, y'know?

Cheers,

Ashton
living in those interesting times, sorta
New Re: Way wrong?
Ashton, I'm not trying to win the argument over whether he's up to snuff for the job or not. But my confidence in him is a result of observing that he got the best (in my opinion) people for the cabinet jobs even though many of them "outranked" him when it came to experience. And he doesn't appear to need to dominate them in order to see that his penis is right sized for him...unlike a former previous president.
Gerard Allwein
     Christopher Hitchens weighs in - (marlowe) - (14)
         Re: Christopher Hitchens weighs in - (gtall) - (13)
             No, democracy isn't for everyone. - (marlowe) - (4)
                 Re: No, democracy isn't for everyone. - (gtall) - (3)
                     You said it yourself: "[...]some muslim idiot[...]" - (jb4) - (1)
                         Re: You said it yourself: "[...]some muslim idiot[...]" - (gtall)
                     IMO - that IS the spectre now afloat - (Ashton)
             Uh, so you would promote "American Values"... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                 Re: Uh, so you would promote "American Values"... - (gtall) - (1)
                     OK, got it, now. Thanks for the clariff. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 Their press is not free - (bluke)
             Methinks the subtlety now approaches that of 'Enigma' - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Re: Methinks the subtlety now approaches that of 'Enigma' - (gtall) - (2)
                     Way wrong? - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Re: Way wrong? - (gtall)

I Who Be.
49 ms