I did not mean to imply that most Muslims are on an anti-Christian crusade (snicker). But I did mean to pose the question of what should be our responses if the situation were to degenerate to that point. I do not think it is a moot question simply because demogogues are still capable of leading masses of people. Hell, Mao was a disaster for China but he's still thought of as a god over there. And he had no religion. What if a charismatic Muslim leader pulls a Hilter style stunt and leads the Muslim masses in the style of Hitler? bin Laden has such delusions of grandeur. The rest of his storm troopers are no better. Bush had it right, we've seen this man's incarnation before.

I do not think it is likely that bin Laden or some other Hitler will actually succeed in radicalizing the Muslim faithful, but I still do not believe it is an idle question. And it is one we should be mindful of and not inadvertantly aid by short term interests. The enemy is thinking in long term strategic terms. I believe we must think equally in long term strategic terms.

Most of my comments in the previous note were rhetorical, not statements of fact or belief.