IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New With (Only) one *Original* exception: Zappa / The Mothers
..most-all the rest - correct me if I missed some lower-level group that escaped the Homogenizer-Blender-Babelizer -?-

A u-n-i-f-o-r-m collection of (oft badly-whomped) Whomp-Whomp transistor Gee-tar + plastic-transistor-'piano' sounds and Oh-So-similar lyrics, tempo perfectlyuniformly unvarying unRemittinglyDITTO and
p r e d i c t a b l y Invariant dynamic range: \ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd --> \ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd
(so much for there being any emotional content signified by nuanced appeal to sensibilities other than.. chaotic paroxism er NoiseScape) AND..

(only occasionally.. and vaguely-) Music-like SOUNDS. Yup: if a shriek Can be called merely "a SOUND". Or a recurrent whine/whinge.. pathos. Or a 'plaint that - "She! kicked me out 'cause I'm really a iggerant Slime-at-Heart (And What a Bitch She Is for Noticing)" OR..

(Of course too, even in Zappaland.. Cruising for Burgers [in Daddy's new car] does not quite.. achieve the wistfulness level of, say Die Sch\ufffdne Mullerin, but then.. what Does? And Yes: Mothers TOO-LOUD too :(

This review brought to you by a consortium of non-rave Reviewers [who usually shake heads, tacitly smarl - and tune-it-out] of the Mondo-crappo which replaced even-Worse-Basiccrap (the Top-10, then Pop-30 then 40) -- and made the RIAA What It Is Today: Soo-Ey! Soo-Ey!

A slop-hogs Wholesale IV funnel-feeder of swill to the *tone-deaf masses of folks what will Consume *Anything* if it's marketed-as-Rilly-BIG-Merde (foreign cachet?), in albums (rhymes with pabulum) with Covers suggesting that . . .

[the listener Too! can stick a bar of Lava\ufffd down his genes.. and GetGurrlsToo]

* tone-deaf? Make that clinically Profoundly-deaf, by age 30 \ufffd
And maybe.. a Good Thing at that. All things considered.

Ashton Recondite Rorshak Reviews LLC
A Div. of Hunter S. Thompson Spiritual Retreats Ltd.
Fad Reviews
Rage Reviews
Era Reviews
(Eon-Reviews - at additional cost. By subscription only.)
New Juno Reactor
Nuff said.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
     5 August 1962 - (rcareaga) - (32)
         Well, natch.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             naah, chitown got even for Bay of Pigs - (boxley) - (1)
                 Well, Bill no one can beatcha at - (Ashton)
         Larry King has/had that as topic today w/guests that knew - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             In vino ____?veritas? -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: 5 August 1962 - (deSitter) - (1)
             Re: 5 August 1962 - (rcareaga)
         Pikers all - (Silverlock) - (1)
             I thought it was the budding Foulwell, exorcising Divas -NT - (Ashton)
         And it's significant because what? - (pwhysall) - (22)
             Well.. Aristotle, Einstein were a $CELEBRITY too ;-) -NT - (Ashton) - (8)
                 And you're putting M.M.'s accomplishments on a level with - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                     And you're putting Einstein's and Aristotle's... - (jake123)
                     Ever see the movie "insignificance"? - (mhuber) - (5)
                         OT: "Back in the trade" ? - (drewk) - (1)
                             Re: OT: "Back in the trade" ? - (mhuber)
                         EInstein possessed that One quality totally-absent in - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Well, thanks - (mhuber)
                             Re: EInstein possessed that One quality totally-absent in - (deSitter)
             Re: And it's significant because what? - (rcareaga) - (12)
                 Prolly the death of Kurt Cobain is more apropos - (jake123) - (11)
                     Mild disagreement. - (Another Scott)
                     Re: Prolly the death of Kurt Cobain is more apropos - (rcareaga) - (9)
                         You mean as opposed to now - (jake123) - (8)
                             what I meant, actually, - (rcareaga) - (7)
                                 "The Day the Music Died". -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                                     Wasn't that the day the first Monkees album was released? -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                         No - start of British Invasion (TM) was TDMD -NT - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                                             British Invasion (TM) - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                 With (Only) one *Original* exception: Zappa / The Mothers - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     Juno Reactor - (pwhysall)
                                                 Dont think so - (boxley)

Ha Ha - just kidding. We're all Lumberjacks and We're OK!
99 ms