IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'll miss you
you seem to be one of the good ones, I enjoyed reading your posts.

I am sorry that my posts cause others to attack me rather than correct me or stick to the issues. I am working on doing better and I think I made a good post in politics that was well thought out, but I got attacked anyway. These attacks will never drive me away from here, I try my best to ignore them. In my opinion, those attacks are worse than any of my posts ever have been and I seem to be some sort of lightning rod for them.

I post on other forums, and never currently have the problems I have on here. There was issues with Nightowl's Yahoo Group and K5, but they have been worked out. My posts are welcome on the Unemployed IT forums and nobody attacks me there. In fact I have turned K5 around to the point that I am getting 4's and 5's for my posts. I even got Meta-Moderation points on Slashdot. This tells me I am doing better, but for some reason not on here.
New Re: I'll miss you
I am sorry that my posts cause others to attack me rather than correct me or stick to the issues. I am working on doing better and I think I made a good post in politics that was well thought out, but I got attacked anyway. These attacks will never drive me away from here, I try my best to ignore them. In my opinion, those attacks are worse than any of my posts ever have been and I seem to be some sort of lightning rod for them.[quote/]

I wanted to point out that after perusing this forum for awhile last night, I went into Politics and read the thread in question with Chris, Orion and etc. I too believe that Orion's post was well thought out and not a bad post whatsoever, so I agree with ChrisR.

I post on other forums, and never currently have the problems I have on here. There was issues with Nightowl's Yahoo Group and K5, but they have been worked out. My posts are welcome on the Unemployed IT forums and nobody attacks me there. In fact I have turned K5 around to the point that I am getting 4's and 5's for my posts. I even got Meta-Moderation points on Slashdot. This tells me I am doing better, but for some reason not on here.

This is true. Orion has been posting some on Port Affinity and with no conflicts whatsoever. One topic got touchy for the other regular poster there, i.e. the Kobe Bryant issue, but when she asked for it to be dropped, it was simply dropped, by both myself and Orion. I applaud that, because it could have morphed, (Drewk's word?) into something much worse.

Both my groups have been reduced to very little or no posting based on a conflict borne from the Star Wars group that I was on and banned from, when those few remaining members who were in communicaton with me, finally left, well so did the level of activity.

It's a shame that people can't just enjoy one another in all forums, here, or anywhere, without feeling the need to shred one another daily.

Nightowl >8#

P.S. Thanks for the tips about quoting in the other forum, they work!
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum" (Don't let the bastards grind you down)

Comment by Nightowl
     So long. - (cwbrenn) - (91)
         Wish I could talk you out of it... - (bepatient)
         Ditto. - (inthane-chan) - (45)
             So I am the Crux... - (folkert)
             Re: Ditto. - (rcareaga) - (40)
                 Boggling - (ChrisR) - (39)
                     Then, demanding euphemism: you shall decry mere accuracy? - (Ashton) - (1)
                         It does take patience and endurance - (ChrisR)
                     Re: Boggling - (rcareaga) - (9)
                         Maybe, but are they necessary or appropriate? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             Re: Maybe, but are they necessary or appropriate? - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                 Re: Maybe, but are they necessary or appropriate? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                     Just a suggestion - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                         Re: Just a suggestion - (Nightowl)
                         You are passing judgement. - (ChrisR) - (1)
                             a nit picked - (rcareaga)
                         Opinions - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Points for pith - (drewk)
                     Re: Boggling - (Nightowl) - (26)
                         Re: Boggling - (rcareaga) - (25)
                             Re: Boggling - (Nightowl) - (24)
                                 Aww, geez - (rcareaga) - (23)
                                     Take it elsewhere - (ChrisR) - (22)
                                         Y'know - I know of only one person here who admits to - (Ashton) - (21)
                                             Feel free to ignore mein "orders" - (ChrisR) - (6)
                                                 Re: Feel free to ignore mein "orders" - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                                     He's not. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                         Re: He's not. - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                             Ashton was being wry. - (admin)
                                                             It should become a conditioned response. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                 Re: It should become a conditioned response. - (Nightowl)
                                             Re: Y'know - I know of only one person here who admits to - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                 Ashton's like that. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                     Re: Ashton's like that. - (Nightowl)
                                             Heads up - (Mike) - (3)
                                                 Re: Heh.. 90% of the time when I 'type'___'system' - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                     Batting 1000 (7 for 7) with "jejeune" tho :-) - (Mike) - (1)
                                                         You have too much time on your hands ;-) c-a-t-a ^h^h -NT - (Ashton)
                                             Re: Y'know - I know of only one person here who admits to - (Nightowl) - (6)
                                                 Re: Y'know - I know of only one person here who admits to - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                     Posts can't be moved. Some more tips... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                         Re: Posts can't be moved. Some more tips... - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                             There are no moderators here. Use your judgement. - (Another Scott)
                                                         Re: Posts can't be moved. Some more tips... - (Nightowl)
                                                 Re: Y'know - I know of only one person here who admits to (new thread) - (Nightowl)
             Not an easy lesson to learn - (bepatient) - (2)
                 Took me a long time - (imric) - (1)
                     We've lost several... - (bepatient)
         So long. - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
             This is ironic... - (Arkadiy)
         :( -NT - (boxley)
         I'll miss you - (orion) - (1)
             Re: I'll miss you - (Nightowl)
         Yes, the US-world has turned *nasty*. I Wonder Why. - (Ashton) - (2)
             The problem, I think for us lefties is... - (mmoffitt)
             You woner why? - (Arkadiy)
         On going and returning and new topics... - (slugbug) - (13)
             Buggy .NET components... (new thread) - (admin)
             Startup blues... - (gdaustin) - (7)
                 Thanks... I think :-) - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Meant as a compliment... -NT - (gdaustin)
                 Also thanks. - (static)
                 I think you've hit on it - (bepatient) - (3)
                     It's much easier to be offensive to someone you've never met - (admin) - (2)
                         Also true - (bepatient)
                         Counter example - (drewk)
             Re: On going and returning and new topics... - (gdaustin) - (2)
                 sub-second transactional environments - (slugbug)
                 Delivering sub-second response times (new thread) - (admin)
             Great idea - (drewk)
         Chris, I'd like to talk you out of it - (kmself) - (1)
             Agreed. - (FuManChu)
         I may have inadvertently contributed to your decision. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Re: I may have inadvertently contributed to your decision. - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 Another thing you might find interesting. - (mmoffitt)
         And thanks for all the fish? - (screamer)
         Good luck Chris, I'll miss you! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: So long. - (Nightowl)
         Don't be so daft. - (pwhysall)
         Actually - We're all Lumberjacks and we're OK -NT - (Ashton)
         I believe I understand what you are saying. - (dmarker)
         I wish you well - (Mike) - (6)
             Here's when - (drewk) - (5)
                 Think you're right -NT - (Mike)
                 At the beginning . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     I tried to jumpstart topics - (orion) - (2)
                         Re: I tried to jumpstart topics - (Nightowl)
                         Don't worry about it. - (admin)
         You'll be missed - (Silverlock)
         Re: So long. - (dmcarls)
         Good luck with Nifty Doorways 6.0 -NT - (scoenye)
         For what it's worth... - (jb4)