IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Blix never would have found this
You cannot believe how many cases we have of documents and equipment that are stored in private residences. I mean, no inspection regime was ever geared up for going into private residences. We ourselves - even though we have the power to do it - have great difficulty in doing that.

Blix would have given us a report saying they found nothing, everyone would have gone home, and 3 - 5 years later, Saddam would be testing his first nuke in the Iraqi desert.

Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Marlowe, and countless (johnu?) considered WMD so easy to find in Iraq that all it took was walking over and looking.

They (and I, if I ever made that statement) were wrong. It's turning out to be more difficult that expected.

But then again, we won't blast them for being wrong...they're Republicans.

Well, this report comes out in 6 months...just in time for the presidental campaign. If Kay is right when he says "I think we will have a very strong case on all of those [biological, chemical or nuclear]" then you will probably be looking at 4 more years of Republicans. Not the greatest thing in world be but better than Democrats back in control :)

Regards,
John

New Well. . .
Imminent threat?
Blix would have given us a report saying they found nothing, everyone would have gone home, and 3 - 5 years later, Saddam would be testing his first nuke in the Iraqi desert.
(emphasis added)

This explains it all
Well, this report comes out in 6 months...just in time for the presidental campaign.

New Chuckle....almost...
but you're still spinning like a top...

You're assuming that the inspectors would go home. Just why would that occur?

The only reason inspectors left was because we started bombing again, and their safety was in jeapordy.

Furthermore, given that is was more than 5 years between the end of the war and when inspectors left - and given that his WMD programs are SO hard to find now...you've now proven that the weapons inspectors were doing their jobs and were successful.

They (and I, if I ever made that statement) were wrong. It's turning out to be more difficult that expected.

Glad to see they've made apologies to Han Blix for being wrong...oh wait...they haven't.

Like I said - good thing their Republicans - when Democrats make a mistake, they don't get away with saying "oppzie, we made a little mistake."
New Huh?
Furthermore, given that is was more than 5 years between the end of the war and when inspectors left - and given that his WMD programs are SO hard to find now...you've now proven that the weapons inspectors were doing their jobs and were successful.

Forcing the Iraqis to go to extremes to hide their WMD programs is considered success for you?
New Re: Huh?
We have spy satellites. It's in the desert. If you move around in the desert, you make nice big clouds of dust.

So, I suppose they did everything on windless nights, in total darkness.
-drl

Do you have an opinion on Scott Ritter's expert opinions ?

I am inclinded to think he had it spot on and yet today there are still people with no qualified expert opinion on the matter, who seem to want to tell us that Ritter's so far *proven* expert opinions were not as right as they have thus far been - ???

Cheers

Doug
I am inclinded to think he had it spot on and yet today there are still people with no qualified expert opinion on the matter, who seem to want to tell us that Ritter's so far *proven* expert opinions were not as right as they have thus far been - ???

Well, David Kay is a former weapons inspector and is in Iraq collecting evidence of WMDs. He believes, from the evidence he's seen, that Iraq had WMD programs (chemical, biological, nuclear and missle) and believes he will have enough documentation to prove it.

I'll leave it to you to decide if he's qualified enough...

Regards,
John
New Absolutely....

Forcing the Iraqis to go to extremes to hide their WMD programs is considered success for you?

Would you claim that it's a failure?

What would you define as a success for the WMD inspection teams then?
New Keeping Iraq out of WMD business
for the cost of 0 lives and $0.010 billion a year (I am guessing here) is a failure.

Keeping Iraq out of WMD business at the cost of $1B and 7 to 20 people a week is a success.

Remind me nevr to trust you with my money, would you?
--

Less Is More. In my book, About Face, I introduce over 50 powerful design axioms. This is one of them.

--Alan Cooper. The Inmates Are Running the Asylum
New Re: Keeping Iraq out of WMD business
Keeping Iraq out of WMD business for the cost of 0 lives and $0.010 billion a year (I am guessing here) is a failure.

The way I read this story is the WMD program continued, they just moved the evidence to private residences where inspectors would never go. Did I misunderstand David Kay?

Regards,
John
New The evidence was _hidden_
in private homes. The WMD program was mothballed where inspectors could not see it. But it was not "continuing" as in being advanced daily. At least that's my take of it.
--

Less Is More. In my book, About Face, I introduce over 50 powerful design axioms. This is one of them.

--Alan Cooper. The Inmates Are Running the Asylum
New Give it up.....you can't win...
the materials could be hidden in public home, buried beneath a small tree, filled with concrete and rusted beyond use and he would still claim that they had a WMD program ongoing and producing output.

Reason has long since gone out the window.

Relax. They're going to find a #5 nut that can be used on a #5 bolt that can be used an a centrifuge that can be used to refine uranium that can be used to make a bomb. See! WMD program PROOF!
New OK then, come back to us in 6 months...
Well, this report comes out in 6 months...just in time for the presidental campaign.

What a toothsome morsel that is.

But OK, come back to us in 6 months, with the report in hand (if, indeed thereis such a report...given this "administration"'s past history of suppressing facts that don't fit its preconcieved notions. We'll de-spin and de-bullshit it, and we'll see if there's really any 'there' there.

(Breath not being held...)
jb4
The difference between Confidence and Ego is that Confidence has respect, while Ego does not.
Candyce Burns (my wife)
     Looking for the smoking gun - (johnu) - (18)
         Hmmmmm....... - (mmoffitt)
         Chuckle - sure makes you wonder about the people who called - (Simon_Jester) - (16)
             Wrong - (Silverlock)
             All I want explained out of this dirty mess is .. - (dmarker) - (1)
                 rofl - (deSitter)
             Blix never would have found this - (johnu) - (12)
                 Well. . . - (jbrabeck)
                 Chuckle....almost... - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                     Huh? - (johnu) - (8)
                         Re: Huh? - (deSitter)
                         Re: Huh? - (dmarker) - (1)
                             Re: Huh? - (johnu)
                         Absolutely.... - (Simon_Jester)
                         Keeping Iraq out of WMD business - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                             Re: Keeping Iraq out of WMD business - (johnu) - (2)
                                 The evidence was _hidden_ - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                     Give it up.....you can't win... - (Simon_Jester)
                 OK then, come back to us in 6 months... - (jb4)

Our job is to take as much of the beer flavor out of the water as we can without getting a customer revolt.
101 ms