IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Something biological that makes kids hate veggies?
I wonder if maybe kids' boddies purposely avoid veggies due to natural toxins in plants or something?

(Whether our veggies actually have these toxins or the body rejects all veggies because it can't tell the difference is not known.)

Canned spinach [ugh] - but fresh spinach either in salad or cooked / steamed properly + butter: not even recognizable as the same plant. I grew up with v. few [ughs] but also was presented with fresh food prepared with some skill, during the formative time. Of course I have no idea what my take might have been if.. canned spinach, etc. So it's a guess.

A.
New It's weird
My sister LOVES zuchinni (sp?). I can't stand the slimy stuff. Likes all the healthy gunk while I eat salads only with a healthy dose of ranch dressing.

I would eat red meat every day of the year; she would eat salad greens and probably would go weeks or months without meat.

Go figure.
Who knows how empty the sky is
In the place of a fallen tower.
Who knows how quiet it is in the home
Where a son has not returned.

-- Anna Akhmatova (1889-1966)
New She'll outlive you - prepare her for the loss :[________:-\ufffd
New But only if she get sufficient protien. "Beans", you say?
Alex

Whom the gods destroy, they first make mad. -- Euripides
New Beans, beans the musical fruit....
Who knows how empty the sky is
In the place of a fallen tower.
Who knows how quiet it is in the home
Where a son has not returned.

-- Anna Akhmatova (1889-1966)
New I don't care what they've bean, what are they now?

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Orange you too old for this? I don't carrot all, though.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Blessed are the peas makers for they shall never rutabaga.
New Ah, she sits amongst the cabbages and peas...
And only one vegetable was mentioned in that sentence...
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Leeks.
I prefer that she sits amongs the cabbages and leeks. I like my peas, thank you.

It also makes the vowel swap work for your gag...

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Heard it on the radio-carrototomy: lettuce alone.
New you butter leaf it there and romaine calm...
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Erin Broccolivich agrees; heard it on the raddicio..
New Why? Just Cos!
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Supertasters
Try a web search on "supertaster" for more information.

Quote:
"While many researchers continue to map the molecular underpinnings of taste perception, others are investigating the "broccoli dilemma." Why do some hate it and some love it? Scientists are finding that we inherit a level of tasting ability that appears to infiuence what we eat.

The first indication that taste varied between individuals was found in 1931. A chemist discovered that a particular molecule was undetectable to some and bittertasting to others. In 1932, researchers found that the reaction to the chemical ran in families.

Since then researchers have found evidence that approximately 25 percent of people are supertasters and find the synthetic compound, propylthiouracil (PROP), intensely bitter. Some 50 percent find it moderately bitter; about 25 percent can't taste it at all. "
Darryl A. Peterson

I'm not as funny as I think I am.
New Re: Supertasters
While I haven't been tested for this, I'm pretty sure I fall in that category. I've never been able to enjoy bitter foods. That includes just about all vegetables, wines and beer. The exceptions are such items like honey brown beer, raspberry wheat beer, ice wine and many champagnes due to the sugar content.

I always had such hard battles with my mom over eating my vegetables. Every argument, every tactic failed against me. I'm living proof that the phrase "if you don't eat your vegetables you won't grow up big and strong" is utter bullshit. :-) Of course now I'm forcing myself to eat some of those nasty little critters since I am rapidly approaching 30 and figure my eating lifestyle is going to catch up to me sooner or later and I'm hating every bit of them. (I have eliminated just about all the bad foods like deep fried and most sugar-rich foods.)
lister
New my kids (4 & 6) like veggies
they'll eat brocolli, carrots, peas, corn (corn on the cob, mmmm), cucumbers, pretty much the traditional North American garden. When my daughter first started solid foods her favourites all had an orange colour to them, carrots and squash in particular. She ate so much of the stuff that her skin had a definite orange cast to it. 'caused some people concern.

An idea to try: chop carrots into medalions, in pot over low temp. melt some butter and stir in chopped basil, add carrots and cover to steam until tender (crunchy but not hard). For a little extra incentive add a bit of honey when adding the basil (not much, it's easy to over do it). This is one of my family's favourites.

How 'bout honey & garlic brocolli? green beans with roasted almond (slivers or slices)? mashed potatoes with grated parmesan cheese & rosemary?
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New kids are different
I have one picky sumbich that wont eat any kind of meat except for an occational "chicken ribs"(preformed bbq pork patties his terms)wont eat fish, loves pasta and corn. My little girl is all carnivour and wants lots of chicken(any meat we are serving is chicken to her) the other 2 will take a taste but all of them love rice. I am the only bean lover and my wife wont allow the smell of cooking lamb in the house(makes her gag). Taste is individual.
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
     Something biological that makes kids hate veggies? - (tablizer) - (18)
         I think it's a lot about cooking - (Ashton) - (13)
             It's weird - (wharris2) - (12)
                 She'll outlive you - prepare her for the loss :[________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (11)
                     But only if she get sufficient protien. "Beans", you say? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (10)
                         Beans, beans the musical fruit.... -NT - (wharris2) - (9)
                             I don't care what they've bean, what are they now? -NT - (static) - (8)
                                 Orange you too old for this? I don't carrot all, though. -NT - (bepatient) - (7)
                                     Blessed are the peas makers for they shall never rutabaga. -NT - (Ashton) - (6)
                                         Ah, she sits amongst the cabbages and peas... - (admin) - (5)
                                             Leeks. - (static) - (4)
                                                 Heard it on the radio-carrototomy: lettuce alone. -NT - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                     you butter leaf it there and romaine calm... -NT - (cforde) - (2)
                                                         Erin Broccolivich agrees; heard it on the raddicio.. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                             Why? Just Cos! -NT - (Meerkat)
         Supertasters - (dpeterson) - (1)
             Re: Supertasters - (lister)
         my kids (4 & 6) like veggies - (cforde)
         kids are different - (boxley)

Happiness is a lint filter full of thwarted pinworms.
170 ms