IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "if"?

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New If I was insane,pointing it out reptdly rarely fixes anybody
"insane". Conformity has always been that which *Linus's security blanket symbolized so perfectly. Asylums (-ii?) have always been society's way of flushing down the toilet that which they neither comprehend nor wish to try. (All done with Official polysyllabic word-Labels, natch - and by Folks who Profess.. To Know cha cha cha - Wanna buy a PhD?)

* Nahh - the Other one.

I couldn't remotely speak to your coding insights/fantasies brilliance/delusion of course. Ain't got no cuth in that. But tenacity I give ya - just have to bear in mind that.. every fanatic and bigot also claims this er virtue ;-)

Hang in there, but methinks you need some hard-core streamlining of your basic tenets. I can understand many of the comments about the er 'assumptions' within the methods behind the Rulez, of some common digital languages - well enough to grok as much as I care to. Shallow is good enough for me on those topics. A matter of Interest? or merely 'interest' here.

But you can't make merely High-scale claims of "merchantability and fitness to purpose" - and expect these to compel. Being smart is never enough. The real Art of all excrescences is ever and always: Communicating insight within a form even the dullard [like me] can also somewhat 'see'. Y'know?

Your disdain for (the Reasons Why it's important) learning convincing English syntax + properly-spelled umm nuanced helper-words - all those things which place an idea in some perspective for others: does not bode well for your achieving the communication you'd like to. You are being silly, merely - when you ignore this argument which various have made pretty well. Repeatedly. Some would call this a blind spot in your mentation.

Technobabble comes Much later, and is essential for that chimerical 'proof' / example stuff. But it can't precede it!
(If you take these remarks as a dis? You Missed It.)

Cheers,

Ashton
who hopes never to become labelled fully, certifiably socially-sane. thankyouverymuch

PS:

Look up some of the How-tos re 'outlining'. Ex:

A) This is the area I'm going to talk about.
B) This is the specific part of that area I will address.
C) This is a summary of 'current practice' there.
D) Here's what I propose.
E) This is what I have compared and said about both approaches.
F) What have I missed?
. . .
G) Nothing? - then - inform the Nobel Committee.
H) Bask.
I) Only much later: gloat.
Expand Edited by Ashton June 18, 2003, 07:37:17 PM EDT
New re: communication
Good written communication of technical topics is a rare gift[1]. I have not seen any justifications for OO that I think are well written. CRC has made some great analogies for other topics, but not OO justification. Mastering OO seems to damage the articulation neurons it seems. Beyond the vague brochure talk, nothing concrete comes.

As far as my writing, if you have a question about something I have written, feel free to ask. I usually won't cuss you out for asking if you have not flamed me for some other issue. Further, rotten spelling and extra parenthesis are usually not show stoppers. Show stoppers to me are things like long sentences and excess pronouns. Parenthesis can be ignored, but ambiguous pronouns will not magically be fixed by ignoring them. IOW, extra information is much less of a sin than insufficient or ambigious information. It is easier to chop an arm off than add one.

[1] It can also vary per person. A writing style that works for one may not work for others.
Good written communication of technical topics is a rare gift[1].
However rare or common it may be, you're not the person to judge on that, since you wouldn't recognize good writing if it fell out of a tree and bopped you on the head.

I have not seen any justifications for OO that I think are well written.
But since what you think is well written has nothing what-so-fucking-ever to do with what actually is well written, that doesn't mean they don't exist -- in fact, given the "powers" of judgment you've shown before, that's all the more reason to think they do exist.

CRC has made some great analogies for other topics, but not OO justification. Mastering OO seems to damage the articulation neurons it seems. Beyond the vague brochure talk, nothing concrete comes.
No, it's you who are too stupid to recognize what is "vague brochure talk" and what isn't.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
     OO heads are weird - (tablizer) - (7)
         s/Marco Polo/Don Quixote/ -NT - (pwhysall) - (6)
             and if I was insane? - (tablizer) - (5)
                 "if"? -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     If I was insane,pointing it out reptdly rarely fixes anybody -NT - (tablizer) - (3)
                         Some of the Best Stuff originated from the - (Ashton) - (2)
                             re: communication - (tablizer) - (1)
                                 ...isn't one of your fortes (if you have any). - (CRConrad)

Not that I'd ever eat a fish that was lured to WD-40, but hey...
135 ms