IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not really specific to PHP.
JUnit is a unit testing framework for Java code.

There is a Java framework called [link|http://httpunit.sourceforge.net/|HttpUnit], however, that can do GET, POST, manage cookies, parse HTML, etc. So HttpUnit in conjunction with JUnit is pretty good for testing web pages.

And in fact, looking at that page now for the first time in a few months I see that HttpUnit now [link|http://httpunit.sourceforge.net/doc/Javascript-support.html|supports some Javascript].
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Also from that page
Didn't see that link until after I posted, but there's [link|http://phpunit.sourceforge.net/|PHPUnit]. The docs are kind of sparse. It's hard to tell what are the example class names, and which are the actual PHPUnit classes, but I suppose that will make more sense once I have it installed.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New HttpUnit is more useful for integration testing.
I've also used portions of it to simulate a web browser in 'screen-scraping' type applications.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New We use PHPUnit where I work.
If you do any kind of object programming in PHP, it will not be hard to figure out how to use it. We have one file per test class with multiple Test* methods that test things. Just be aware that you can't leave intermediate stuff hanging around between tests - it creates and destroys the test instance for each test.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

Cringely on Refactoring - (tjsinclair) - (41)
         He's still skirting the real issues to make his "point". - (admin) - (39)
             Good point - (tjsinclair) - (38)
                 Do I use unit tests? - (admin) - (34)
                     Apparently my question sounded dumber than it actually was - (tjsinclair) - (33)
                         Lessons to be gleaned: - (admin) - (16)
                             Great stuff! - (tjsinclair) - (2)
                                 Re: Great stuff! - (admin)
                                 C++ unit testing - sounds painful - (tuberculosis)
                             More: - (admin) - (1)
                                 Code coverage - (Simon_Jester)
                             How does JUnit (and the like) deal with web pages? - (drewk) - (5)
                                 Not really specific to PHP. - (admin) - (3)
                                     Also from that page - (drewk) - (2)
                                         HttpUnit is more useful for integration testing. - (admin)
                                         We use PHPUnit where I work. - (static)
                                 I'm experimenting with testing dynamic content ... - (JimWeirich)
                             Can I quote this thread? - (tjsinclair) - (4)
                                 Even better: - (admin) - (2)
                                     No, you can't use my comments - (drewk)
                                     Thanks! - (tjsinclair)
                                 A TDD Example - (JimWeirich)
                         Ooh, he left out the ^ - (tuberculosis) - (15)
                             That's just evil to the core. :-) -NT - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                 It's C++, what do you expect? -NT - (tuberculosis)
                             I would only use that if it were properly commented. -NT - (static) - (12)
                                 I'd probably never use it at all - (tuberculosis) - (11)
                                     Its a cool parlor trick... - (jb4) - (10)
                                         Not even really a C++ issue as such, is it? - (deSitter) - (9)
                                             Its a Duff Device - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                                                 Yep - it's assembler in C -NT - (deSitter) - (4)
                                                     Most ASM Languages have a SWAP instruction. -NT - (ChrisR) - (3)
                                                         Yes, not my point - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                             And my point... - (ChrisR)
                                                         SWAP? - (JimWeirich)
                                             That's ANSI C?!? - (jb4) - (2)
                                                 That's ANSI C?!? ... YES - (JimWeirich)
                                                 Re: That's ANSI C?!? - (deSitter)
                 Re: Good point - (JimWeirich) - (2)
                     Another good point - (admin) - (1)
                         Me too. - (static)
         FWIW, Squeak is undergoing a huge refactoring effort - (tuberculosis)

Oh my God! They killed Kenny!
68 ms