IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Having read your post and the following replies,
when asked about education I always mention that I have 2 more years of school than Jethro Bodine and he was a brain surgeon as well as a double naught spy. I find it curious that people who are not amused at Columbia State University Degrees usually have a degree of some kind. Those without said certs figure a paper BS is not much different from a paper MSCE.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Carpe Dieu
New For me it comes down to whether you can trust people or not.
Of course, Jethro only played at being a brain surgeon and double-naught spy...

We had [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27867|a related discussion] some time ago. Having a degree means you completed the requirements for having a degree. It, by itself, doesn't mean you're smarter or better or more qualified than someone who doesn't have one.

In DC recently the fire chief was forced to leave after it was found out that he had padded his resume with a degree and various awards that he didn't earn. Does a fire chief need a degree? No, probably not. Does he or she need the trust of the citizens and the city government that he or she is trustworthy? Absolutely.

How would you feel if you were competing against someone for a job and that person claimed to have the same experience you did but really didn't?

Cheers,
Scott.
New trust v. vengeance v. indiscriminate justice
How would you feel if you were competing against someone for a job and that person claimed to have the same experience you did but really didn't?
Pissed off. Possibly sufficiently pissed off that I'd expose the fraud. I just can't see myself taking the kind of drive-by, scattershot approach that Inspector Javert has essayed, if only because bystanders could be injured.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Recent resume scandal in DC
[link|http://washingtontimes.com/metro/20020430-866444.htm|Here] is a Washington Times story about a recent (April 2002) resume scandal in the DC fire department which cost chief Few and several subordinates their jobs.

The Washington Times first reported on March 13 that [Assistant] Chiefs Garland, Anderson and [Deputy Chief] Cowan said in their resumes that they held the rank of chief in their previous jobs in the East Point, Ga., Fire Department. None had attained a rank higher than lieutenant. Their resumes also erroneously stated they had attended Dillard University in New Orleans, which has no record of their enrollment.

The three chiefs are friends of Chief Few and served under him when he was fire chief at East Point in the 1990s.

The Washington Post first reported on April 12 that Chief Few's resume and biography erroneously stated he had received a degree from Morris Brown College in Atlanta and had received an award from an international firefighters group that does not bestow such awards.

Lies on resumes have consequences. At minimum, they punish people who did make the effort and take the time to do what they said they did (if those who lied are rewarded with the position or promotion, etc.). Lies on resumes shouldn't be regarded as harmless boasting.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Having read your post and the following replies,
A significant difference is that the paper MCSE has at least sat the exams.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
     tilting at diploma mills - (rcareaga) - (50)
         ah yes.. - (deSitter)
         Flabbergasted - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             Does this dress make me look fat? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 There is moral relativism and moral relativism (new thread) - (ben_tilly)
         Comments - (kmself) - (1)
             Re: Comments - (rcareaga)
         My instincts are similar.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Re: My instincts are similar.. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 <chuckle> On Maugham... - (Another Scott)
         Having read your post and the following replies, - (boxley) - (4)
             For me it comes down to whether you can trust people or not. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 trust v. vengeance v. indiscriminate justice - (rcareaga)
                 Recent resume scandal in DC - (Another Scott)
             Re: Having read your post and the following replies, - (pwhysall)
         Nail them - (broomberg) - (1)
             unintended consequences - (rcareaga)
         Its Fraud - (tuberculosis) - (3)
             certitude! - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Uh huh - (tuberculosis)
             actually I will have an MIT degree - (boxley)
         Dr Laura - (broomberg) - (11)
             That was someone's typo - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                 DAMN! - (broomberg) - (3)
                     I hate her as well, but... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Note the "main" - (broomberg)
                     Your instincts must be good, then. - (Ashton)
                 How about this one? - (broomberg) - (5)
                     That looks like one bogus degree - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                         On U of Bucharest - (broomberg) - (3)
                             Ah, understood - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 I'd guess its inflated though - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                     Is it worth worrying about? -NT - (ben_tilly)
         On the moral issues - (Another Scott)
         Well at least from all of this - (rcareaga) - (8)
             What difference does it make? - (broomberg) - (7)
                 I can't really understand your analogy - (rcareaga) - (5)
                     People who BS into jobs should be fired - (broomberg) - (2)
                         Re: People who BS into jobs should be fired - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             Different protections from different punishments - (broomberg)
                     Analogies weak all around I think - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         Draconian R'Us - (Ashton)
                 Eh? He rebooted the prod box, it didnt come up - (boxley)
         Falsified Credentials Grate at me - (gdaustin) - (3)
             Reliance on One-Time Paper Credentials - that plus - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Crooks repeat offenses... - (gdaustin) - (1)
                     So when does the pResident get his? -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Officemate suggestion - (broomberg) - (3)
             {Evull snicker} -NT - (Ashton)
             Guess you have worn off on your co-workers, huh? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 Must have - (broomberg)

You know the French. The problem with them is that they have no word for entrepreneur.
127 ms