IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I work at a call center
My job is supporting employees and systems so I've seen them at work with the customers and checked out the rules they follow (both official and un). Maybe it comes from being privatly owned for so long before the corp bought us, but our philosophy can be best summed up as "a happy customer is a loyal customer". As an example, when ending a call they always use some variation of "Is there anything else I can do for you?" and mean it. If there is another problem, the agent opens another ticket and works it right then. I've heard the manager tell them "If someone calls back on the same problem, we haven't done our job." So some calls might last for an hour. But the problem usually gets solved.

I think the only reason the call center hasn't been moved to India is that we are considered a (buzzword alert) "pocket of excellence". We actually get managers in unrelated parts of the business coming to visit to learn how we do things.
The world is only a simple place to the simple.
New Glad to hear that such a place exists!
I believed that a few would get it, since that principle is so unarguable. Just rarely hear of those.

But the trouble with multi-tier like Dells - where business level actually gets service but individuals don't: even personal boycotts (after the experience) are swamped by their wholesale business numbers. Something like, "bad money drives out the good"?

Anyway, aside from the necessary drill w/ court (for mere self respect) - life's too short to make a crusade over Dell; it has lots of company(s) out there schooled to become Slime, a bit more each day - under guise of ROI, no doubt.

Cheers,

Ashton

New Echo Ashton, and reiterate the premise of this subthread:
Throughput != Performance

Hey, Fuat...Here's your counterexample!
I've heard the manager tell them "If someone calls back on the same problem, we haven't done our job." So some calls might last for an hour. But the problem usually gets solved.

Whoomp! There it is!
jb4
"" We continue to live in a world where all our know-how is locked into binary files in an unknown format. If our documents are our corporate memory, Microsoft still has us all condemned to Alzheimer's."
Simon Phipps, SUN Microsystems
New Behold the Liberal with Ironclad Proof! :)
-drl
New Snicker.
Good one. As the "proof" supplier, I appreciate it.
The world is only a simple place to the simple.
New Hmmm - then for the Illiberal - a gun will suffice? ;-)
     CDW asked me to evaluate my service rep.. - (deSitter) - (41)
         So much for Ms. Hamlin's career... -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             Not At All - (deSitter)
         LMAO... - (screamer) - (12)
             It's ALF, okay? and more - (deSitter) - (9)
                 ROFL. -NT - (admin)
                 Okay, I was too stoned when I saw it too... - (screamer) - (7)
                     Flesh Gordon. Ick. - (rcareaga) - (6)
                         Similar response, more recent - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Judeo is a *calypso* martial art. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 {whap whap} Of course! it is.. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Oh c'mon - (Silverlock)
                         Had you had the wherewithall to stay until the end, - (screamer)
                         "Saw" it at a drive-in - (tuberculosis)
             I know.. I know - - (Ashton)
             Well, it could use . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         C'mon deS - call it "trickle down" - (Ashton) - (2)
             Followup - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Yes.. - (Ashton)
         Re: CDW asked me to evaluate my service rep.. - (Fuat) - (21)
             You assume the agent is aware of the followup. - (Silverlock) - (20)
                 Re: You assume the agent is aware of the followup. - (Fuat) - (19)
                     OK - (Silverlock)
                     Well you fail to consider.. - (deSitter)
                     Hey Fuat, You just delineated the PROBLEM... - (jb4) - (16)
                         Re: Hey Fuat, You just delineated the PROBLEM... - (Fuat) - (15)
                             Calls-per-minute is not PERFORMANCE! - (jb4) - (14)
                                 Re: Calls-per-minute is not PERFORMANCE! - (Fuat) - (13)
                                     Re: Calls-per-minute is not PERFORMANCE! - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         I assure you he is not - (Arkadiy)
                                     KLOC & CPH - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                         No "measure" will work - (Arkadiy)
                                     If you can't keep up, take notes! - (jb4) - (8)
                                         Re: If you can't keep up, take notes! - (Fuat) - (7)
                                             I shouldn't be an expert on this.. - (Ashton) - (6)
                                                 I work at a call center - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                     Glad to hear that such a place exists! - (Ashton)
                                                     Echo Ashton, and reiterate the premise of this subthread: - (jb4) - (3)
                                                         Behold the Liberal with Ironclad Proof! :) -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                             Snicker. - (Silverlock)
                                                             Hmmm - then for the Illiberal - a gun will suffice? ;-) -NT - (Ashton)
         Didja ever get a response? -NT - (Silverlock)

They can feed a fine Minze?
60 ms