Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Followup
This is my letter to the CEO of CDW:

Mr. John Edwardson
CEO, CDW Inc.
200 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Vernon Hills, IL 60061

Mr. Edwardson:

Recently I received unsolicited email from your Customer Relations department. The purpose of this email was for me to evaluate \ufffd behind her back \ufffd my service representative, Ms. Laura Hamlin.

Let me say first off that Ms. Hamlin has done an outstanding job for us \ufffd my primary source of hardware and software is CDW, largely because of her excellent service. She deserves an extra day off on the company. We are a smallish family business, but our systems are our lifelines, for us to service OUR customers in the best way we can \ufffd and Ms. Hamlin treats me the same way she would a mega-million dollar customer.

This foul business with the sneaky online survey really raised my hackles though \ufffd I don\ufffdt know what person there convinced you this was a good idea, but let me tell you \ufffd it is not. You cannot get your people to provide good service by sneaking around behind their backs. You get good performance from your people by 1) hiring good people 2) putting them under good management 3) treating them like people, not survey targets. We at Kranz have a loyal and committed customer base because we treat all our customers like they are the most important ones \ufffd which, of course, they are. We don\ufffdt need to sneak around with hidden surveys with fawning, fake preambles, asking if our mechanics and sales reps are doing a good job. We know they are \ufffd because they are part of our family and we treat them that way \ufffd and they are good to begin with.

In short, I would recommend you send out a few less surveys, and instead put Ms. Hamlin in charge of Customer Relations. She and her coworkers are the reason you are succeeding in this impossible market.

Sincerely,

Danny Ross Lunsford
CTO
Kranz Automotive Body Co.
-drl

Light is heavy:
R{} = (2R/W)T - (1/2W){D-2,D-2}W

Heavy is light:
(D-3)(RF[] + 5/4 g) = 0
Expand Edited by deSitter April 22, 2003, 04:47:29 PM EDT
New Yes..
I think that's a nice balance. And even if, as the reply to your note suggested - they do 'share' such material [all of it??] - the implication to the recipient remains.. as you said. And such an inference is likely to inhibit the more honest replies anyway! ie.

A self-cancelling 'survey' with negative fallout.

Ashton
     CDW asked me to evaluate my service rep.. - (deSitter) - (41)
         So much for Ms. Hamlin's career... -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             Not At All - (deSitter)
         LMAO... - (screamer) - (12)
             It's ALF, okay? and more - (deSitter) - (9)
                 ROFL. -NT - (admin)
                 Okay, I was too stoned when I saw it too... - (screamer) - (7)
                     Flesh Gordon. Ick. - (rcareaga) - (6)
                         Similar response, more recent - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Judeo is a *calypso* martial art. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 {whap whap} Of course! it is.. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Oh c'mon - (Silverlock)
                         Had you had the wherewithall to stay until the end, - (screamer)
                         "Saw" it at a drive-in - (tuberculosis)
             I know.. I know - - (Ashton)
             Well, it could use . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         C'mon deS - call it "trickle down" - (Ashton) - (2)
             Followup - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Yes.. - (Ashton)
         Re: CDW asked me to evaluate my service rep.. - (Fuat) - (21)
             You assume the agent is aware of the followup. - (Silverlock) - (20)
                 Re: You assume the agent is aware of the followup. - (Fuat) - (19)
                     OK - (Silverlock)
                     Well you fail to consider.. - (deSitter)
                     Hey Fuat, You just delineated the PROBLEM... - (jb4) - (16)
                         Re: Hey Fuat, You just delineated the PROBLEM... - (Fuat) - (15)
                             Calls-per-minute is not PERFORMANCE! - (jb4) - (14)
                                 Re: Calls-per-minute is not PERFORMANCE! - (Fuat) - (13)
                                     Re: Calls-per-minute is not PERFORMANCE! - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         I assure you he is not - (Arkadiy)
                                     KLOC & CPH - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                         No "measure" will work - (Arkadiy)
                                     If you can't keep up, take notes! - (jb4) - (8)
                                         Re: If you can't keep up, take notes! - (Fuat) - (7)
                                             I shouldn't be an expert on this.. - (Ashton) - (6)
                                                 I work at a call center - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                     Glad to hear that such a place exists! - (Ashton)
                                                     Echo Ashton, and reiterate the premise of this subthread: - (jb4) - (3)
                                                         Behold the Liberal with Ironclad Proof! :) -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                             Snicker. - (Silverlock)
                                                             Hmmm - then for the Illiberal - a gun will suffice? ;-) -NT - (Ashton)
         Didja ever get a response? -NT - (Silverlock)

Using Powerpoint in the schools--that's better than teaching kids how to smoke.
57 ms