IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: 600 Clerics reach a unanimous decision
Apparently the U.S. doesn't understand the Islam religion and that it is peer pressure that is needed first.

Apparently.

Apparently the Taliban does understand that the US ain't their friend anymore, nobody's coming to save them (barring a REAL divine intervention). But I think they're playing up the "ignorant" aspect a bit, to stall.

They're negotiating, whether they admit it or not, and so far, they've not gotten to anything that's worth *starting* with.

Say, you go to buy a car. If you start haggling at $1, for a brand new car, the salesguy will walk away. You've got to make something approaching reasonable in order to seriously bargain. The US is being very clear that what the Taliban is offering isn't meeting the minimum.

And I don't think that even the concept of guest, and sancturary in Islam allows the guest to wantonly kill and maim while being a guest.

Addison
New President Bush will ask the U.S. people to be patient.
And down-play the threat of immediate military invasions.

News at 9 PM ET.

P.S. This is what I've gathered from the networks so far. We'll find out in a few hours if this is true.

I hope that people hoping for immediate retaliation aren't too upset.
Personally, I see this as a long term battle against evil, not one that has to be completed in time for the evening news.
New I bloody well hope so.
Rush things, and we'll end up back here (the current situation, if not the same region) in 20 years.

Do it right, and things could swing peaceful for some time.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Of course...

And down-play the threat of immediate military invasions.

Use of ground forces requires time and a staging area. Desert Storm would not have been as effective without Desert Shield - which allowed the buildup of forces in the area.

Given that Pakinstan (and others) have agreed to allowing up do a build-up, watch for a similar action to occur.

New Makes alot of sense
If we make an immediate strike against Afghanistan to get bin Laden, in the best case senario, a bunch of Rangers go in and kill bin Laden and his cohorts with minimal American casualties. Then the retalitory attacks by bin Laden supporters begin in ernest.

A proper war on terrorism will take the concerted effort by US and its European, Middle Eastern, and Asian allies against all the terrorist cells around the globe that would attack us after a first strike. This type of coordination take time. Rebuilding our intelligence network will take time. Unfortunately, the waffling of our NATO 'allies' makes this much harder.
Ray
     600 Clerics reach a unanimous decision and U.S. rejects it. - (brettj) - (29)
         And rightly so. - (marlowe) - (23)
             So we should not show any patience here?! - (brettj) - (22)
                 It's getting a bit late for patience, don't you think? - (marlowe)
                 So how long should we wait? - (rsf) - (19)
                     Maybe until Bin Laden gives his response to the leaders? - (brettj) - (18)
                         Maybe until he slips away? - (addison) - (16)
                             You are not worried about an Afghan/Pakistan Jihad?! - (brettj) - (14)
                                 No. - (addison) - (10)
                                     Do you know who trained Bin Laden?! - (brettj) - (9)
                                         Yep. - (addison) - (5)
                                             The courts of International Law will make those decisions. - (brettj) - (4)
                                                 You mean, the ones who don't... - (addison) - (3)
                                                     As just heard on CNN, the Clerics are waiting for a U.S. ... - (brettj) - (2)
                                                         Wording... - (bepatient)
                                                         Which raises the question.. - (addison)
                                         Yea, we helped him. - (rsf)
                                         Evidence, please. - (Another Scott)
                                         Absolutely wrong. - (duke)
                                 If they were capable of doing that... - (marlowe) - (2)
                                     They did this terrible act hoping to overthrow Pakistan ... - (brettj) - (1)
                                         Nope. - (addison)
                             Again: The Taliban are NOT 'Afghanistan', - (Ashton)
                         All ready there. - (rsf)
                 Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - (Another Scott)
         Re: 600 Clerics reach a unanimous decision - (addison) - (4)
             President Bush will ask the U.S. people to be patient. - (brettj) - (3)
                 I bloody well hope so. - (inthane-chan)
                 Of course... - (Simon_Jester)
                 Makes alot of sense - (rsf)

Connection reset by peer.
54 ms