IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New *shrug* Maybe I have no hope
I have no hope that human nature will chnage because of this. 10,000+ years of history don't provide much evidence of human wisdom ever increasing.

You see no possibility for good to come out of this even though countries that hated each other a week ago are now talking?

Who were our allies in WWII? Was not the Soviet Union in that group? Nations can be notoriously pragmatic and finicky about allegiences

Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New We either grow up some day ...
... or our technology and hate will eliminate life as we know it.

I'm hoping we have matured enough not to cause our own destruction.

Are you familiar with the Drake Equation?

Now is the time to show the world how mature the people of the world have become.
And the U.S. has the chance to take the lead if we can show a bit of restraint and compassion.
     How poor and hungry are most Afghans? - (brettj) - (35)
         Aid often backfires - (tablizer) - (19)
             Point, counterPoint - (brettj) - (18)
                 Re: Guess you know of 8 aid workers on trial 4 lives in ... - (dmarker2) - (17)
                     Aid workers don't have to preach religion ... - (brettj) - (14)
                         Re: Aid workers don't have to preach religion ... - (dmarker2)
                         Umm until *quite*recently.. - (Ashton) - (12)
                             Re: Umm until *quite*recently.. - (Fearless Freep) - (11)
                                 Actually I must agree with Aston... - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
                                     yes, but... - (Fearless Freep) - (8)
                                         But his point about religious intolerance ... - (brettj) - (7)
                                             Laughable - (Fearless Freep) - (6)
                                                 I take it you have no hope? - (brettj) - (2)
                                                     *shrug* Maybe I have no hope - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                                         We either grow up some day ... - (brettj)
                                                 I'll agree on probable results, this time too - but - (Ashton)
                                                 Human antisocial behavior... - (marlowe) - (1)
                                                     Never made a judgement about our enemies... - (inthane-chan)
                                 auto de fe against morranos? politikal? NOT!!! -NT - (boxley)
                     Not quite - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         I have the same recollection from NPR stories. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Between a rock and a hard place. - (marlowe) - (14)
             I detect a slight aimed in my direction. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 No, I didn't have you in mind. - (marlowe) - (2)
                     Not interested. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Aha! - troll-bashing.. Trolls Unite against this pipsqueak ! -NT - (Ashton)
             Re: Sorry ! But naive opinion of the Taliban - (dmarker2) - (7)
                 The Taliban is not our enemy. - (brettj) - (6)
                     Yes, they are. - (bepatient)
                     Well, they sure as hell ain't our friends. - (marlowe) - (3)
                         Clerics: Bin Laden should be asked to leave - (brettj) - (2)
                             Economist story. NY Times story. - (Another Scott)
                             I don't know whether to feel insulted or... - (marlowe)
                     Re: I suspect the Taliban full well know - (dmarker2)
             think again - (boxley) - (1)
                 Excise the ["] on the end of link? - (Ashton)

How depressing. Brain the size of a planet, and they have me opening doors.
85 ms