IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: A failed plan...
I originally posted this elsewhere but it seems appropriate.

No-one has mentioned Saddam's diplomacy - he got France, Germany, and Russia on his side, simply by bribing them (those trade contracts). His diplomats have successfully fostered disention.

Both the French and the Germans thought there would be no down-side to opposing the US. Already we are seeing boycotts of French goods and reduced tourism; America is looking to move military bases out of Germany. Who knows, they may find new homes in Iraq?

As for the world's sympathy, it seems to me that that rapidly turned into, "How much can we squeeze from the US?" Turkey being the most glaring example.

This is actually a great victory for Bush and diplomacy. People have forgotten that diplomacy means nothing if you cannot back up what you say. I'll also cite von Clausvitz, who said that war is an extension of diplomacy. There's an old adage Si pacem vis, pare bellum (If you want peace, prepare for war) which is oh so true.

Just as after Britain regained the Falklands, the world listened to Britain, and begat the fall of the Soviet Union; so now will nations take more notice of the US. In recent years the US has shown considerable weakness by not responding seriously enough to events like the first bombing of the WTC, the events in Somalia, the attack on the USS Cole, etc. That will now change, and America will be the better for it.
qts
New Thank you.
I read it before. I thank you again for posting this.
b4k4^2
[link|mailto:curley95@attbi.com|greg] - IT Grand-Master for President
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!]
[link|http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,857673,00.asp|2004, the year Microsoft develops for Linux ]
Heimatland Geheime Staatspolizei reminds:
The DHS [link|http://www.whitehouse.gov/pcipb/cyberspace_strategy.pdf|Cyberer-Stratergery]. The ultimate in Cyber.
New Wow.
No-one has mentioned Saddam's diplomacy - he got France, Germany, and Russia on his side, simply by bribing them (those trade contracts).

And we did no bribing to get our vaunted "coalition of the willing"?
Wow.

In recent years the US has shown considerable weakness by not responding seriously enough to events like the first bombing of the WTC,...

Um, where is that Yosuf guy again? Oh yeah, we arrested, prosecuted and jailed him. I remember. What weakness! Apprehending those responsible for a crime and punishing them under the law. Sheesh. What were we thinking? What are we? Some kind of pussy country "governed by law and not by Men"? Sheesh.

the attack on the USS Cole, etc. That will now change, and America will be the better for it.

The Cole. Oh yeah, the event the current cabal was "tired of hearing about" that was "too long ago to do anything about"... Wow. Just, Wow.
bcnu,
Mikem

Eine Leute. Eine Welt. Ein F\ufffdhrer.
God Bless America.
     A failed plan... - (folkert) - (20)
         Umm..... - (Silverlock)
         Is evidence of chemical weapons.... - (andread) - (14)
             Huh? - (bepatient) - (13)
                 depleted uranium rounds -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                     not chem or bio. -NT - (bepatient) - (11)
                         Ummm.. was that off the top of head? - (Ashton) - (10)
                             Depleted U info from USEmbassy.IT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                 Interesting. My information is obsolescent but - (Ashton) - (7)
                                     but - (andread) - (5)
                                         Not so's you'd notice - (Ashton) - (4)
                                             more links - (andread) - (3)
                                                 PU is also EXTREMELY poisonous. -NT - (imric) - (2)
                                                     That's Pu! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                         *grin* Whatever - no Pu Pu platter for ME. - (imric)
                                     Hot heavy-metal factoid du jour - - (Ashton)
                             actually, we already have such a TLA - (jb4)
         To what standard? -NT - (Simon_Jester)
         Re: A failed plan... - (qstephens) - (2)
             Thank you. - (folkert)
             Wow. - (mmoffitt)

My parents just came back from a planet where the dominant life form had no bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this stupid F-shirt.
52 ms