IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Can't buy retroactive time with even $USD
That ~5 year lead time, that is. (Maybe about the time the sleepers began to arrive in US for this job? - some think.)

Announcements from Mein Kampff II, wherein bin-L announced his plans, later made near-future predictions (which somehow presaged an actual Event - each time) umm several times, and in quite clear wording -

These were insufficiently impressive to the tough minded pragmatic spooks: those 'guardians against waste' of taxpayers money, for frivolous pursuits of guys with funny robes. Best (and lots less messy) to use nice techno- surveillance - just like that remote for the Tee Vee. Save those messy personnel and unsavory sources.
(you blew That one, Bill C. et al)

Contrasting a similar puzzle, though scientifically a vastly complex problem: Enigma, the German adaptation of a Swiss? enciphering device for commerce, in late '30s. A couple of Poles found a rather silly flaw: 1:1 mapping of keyboard to master rotor (Brit sleuths never thought to look - they *wouldn't* do something that simple!) then Alan Turing, etc.

I suppose that, had modern-day priorities operated then, and Enigma not been broken - Rommel would have won in N. Africa, the U-boats would have sunk all the Atlantic shipping: we'd be counting ein, zwei, drei.. non? Are we getting dumber or just more bizness-like - or is that the same?

Bitch bitch bitch.. 20/20 is so.. illuminating, no?

A.

Of course, any idiot knows where the [link|http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2001/07/23/tomo/index.html|real priorities lie...]
Expand Edited by Missing User 70 Sept. 19, 2001, 06:12:36 AM EDT
New If Bin was smart.....
Your Mein Kampff reference gave me an idea.

If I was Bin and truly believed in that (stupid) cause, then what he should do is surrendur to the US under the condition that he can write a book in jail to explain his ideas.

It would likely be a best seller now that Bin is the most focused-on person in the world. He's bigger than OJ, especially world-wide.

That may sway opinion more than bombs and gas.

Yes, he's articulate, and many of his charges have basis in some facts of the US hegemony / lone 'super' status and, our actual national attitude about power and about $$. And even about our triviality, given our social habits..

But this is not about 'reasoning'. Given even a brilliantly written indictment of 'our' very many failures, our actions from ignorance of the inevitable consequences (supporting anti-democratic tyrants "in the name of democracy", trying to get everybody to stop drugs locally via Fascist methods - because our national appetite is insatiable!) etc.

In an honest debate (his book vs 'our' book):
We were utterly indispensable in the defeat of Nazism (as were the British indispensable in breaking Enigma - a main reason we all won a couple years early). The Marshall plan illustrates America at its finest - a complete reversal of the massive vengeance after WW-I. Etc. No other entity comes even close - we rebuilt Europe! after their cowardly appeasements almost gave Hitler his lebensraum.

So in the age of the net, and given bin-L's articulate presentation of the POV of the relatively powerless world he represents - IMhO you can't do Mein Kampff twice; you can't create Jews as scapegoats and Straw ones at that - twice. You can talk about the vicious dividing up of the whole world's wealth, of course - but then you would indict Most nations! Not merely in US - is the local wealth concentrated in the few (or a handful - try Saudi Arabia, one of 'his boys').

He'd lose that propaganda war - if there were such a thing left as 'honest debate'. (Still.. power corrupts and, we are approaching Absolute.)

My 3 zlotys.

A.
     Good quote for the day - (Fearless Freep) - (7)
         Oh great! He missed the tent AND hurt an innocent animal - (tablizer) - (6)
             Re: I keep having flashbacks to Catch-22 - (dmarker2) - (5)
                 Yes, the absurdity is total . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     Can't buy retroactive time with even $USD - (Ashton) - (2)
                         If Bin was smart..... - (tablizer) - (1)
                             Y'know..? - (Ashton)
                 We don't have Heller, but we have Tom Tomorrow.. Today - (Ashton)

Home of the stash-bringing masher!
67 ms