IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, now comes the ugly part.
The Taliban has declared war. That's a bigger target than bin Laden, and presumably easier to hit.

Even so, a government in a place like that is less a political infrastructure than a collection of mouth-foaming f***wits. We can obliterate their buildings, but they can just opt to be elsewhere. Hell, they can do what they do with an army tent, a PC a shortwave radio set up for packet Internet, and a Saudi billionaire's debit card.

Which reminds me - can we do anything to seize bin Laden's bank accounts? Cut off their air supply.

We might attack their building without warning, in an attempt to catch them flatfooted, but then there's the problem of non-combatant casualties. And no, I don't regard members of this kind of government as non-combatants. They had their chance to be neutral, and they turned it down.

Ultimately, we may need to invade, after destroying as much as possible of their ability to resist by precision bombing. I'm thinking we let the Pakistanis handle that bit. In exchange, we let them keep the whole damn country. Plus sweeten the deal with some financial aid, because the country probably isn't worth much to them.

The mouth-foamers will look silly yammering about American imperialism when the country is still owned by Muslims. That won't stop them, but they'll look silly.

[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New Ummm...
>>Ultimately, we may need to invade, after destroying as much as possible of their ability to resist by precision bombing. I'm thinking we let the Pakistanis handle that bit. In exchange, we let them keep the whole damn country. Plus sweeten the deal with some financial aid, because the country probably isn't worth much to them.

The Taliban *are* Pakistanis. They were originally from a Paki fringe group that moved to Afghanistan during the war with the Soviet Union.
Some deal...
New They declared the jihad...but the question is ... why?
We haven't attacked them. We really haven't threatened them. So...WHY are they declaring war on us?

I think this is important. I think this represents (in a way) bin Laudin's ultimate goal - he wanted to attack the US...and for us to knee jerk back and slam Afganistan. If we had done that...according to some, muslim countries would've come together in a war against us.

And that may have been bin Laudin's ultimate goal - to unite the Islamic countries under him.

If so...Bush's tactics are REALLY working against him. Getting Pakinstan to agree (demand) bin Laudin be turned over really alienates bin Laudin. The only pressure he can place now is on the Taliban.

New Some terrorist organizations have already denounced Laden
... according to one report I heard a couple days ago.

They may be feeling the heat from Bin Laden's "victory".
New Yeah, they're pissed because he didn't target Statue of Lib.
         Their Soviet experience made them brave - (tablizer) - (1)
             Living in afganistan made them brave. - (addison)
         It's a trap. - (Ashton) - (5)
             That's my conclusion so far. - (brettj) - (4)
                 Nobody knows. We must be clear-headed about our actions. - (Another Scott)
                 Pakistan has good reasons to support U.S. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     U.S. has nuclear reasons to support Pakistan - (brettj) - (1)
                         Er, too late (dropping bombs, that is.) - (wharris2)
         Well, now comes the ugly part. - (marlowe) - (4)
             Ummm... - (hnick)
             They declared the jihad...but the question is ... why? - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                 Some terrorist organizations have already denounced Laden - (brettj) - (1)
                     Yeah, they're pissed because he didn't target Statue of Lib. -NT - (tablizer)

We've spent the past two years building up an immunity to Iocaine!
81 ms