IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think the real question is
What do Iraqis find preferable? Saddam Hussein, or a US invasion?

I have the feeling the answer to that is "Saddam Hussein" for most of them. Another way to put it is "better the devil you know than the devil you don't." As Jester said, it would have helped if the US hadn't hung regime changers out to dry in the past; this is well within living memory for the people in Basra, and they know exactly why it happened: in the judgement of the USA in '91, Saddam Hussein was better than a religious Shia government. They probably think that's still the case from the US point of view, and they would simply be changing oppressors from one of the locals (who is at least muslim, if not Shia) to the crusaders from across the sea.

There certainly hasn't been any indication that the US plans on respecting their wishes in governance; to the contrary, the US is making it clear they plan on turning Iraq into a clone of the US.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Give that man a cigar!
Why are we there?

Because Saddam has nukes? None found and none use, even when his life is threatened.

Because Saddam has bio weapons? None found and none use, even when his life is threatened.

Because Saddam has chem weapons? None found and none use, even when his life is threatened.

Because Saddam has ties to terrorists? The only "ties" found are the flimsiest we could manufacture. Meanwhile, other regimes there have DEFINATE ties to terrorists.

Because we want to "Free" the Iraqis? They seem to prefer Saddam over a US invasion.

And so on and so on and so on.

Until we end at:
Because Saddam has not, technically, complied with all of the rules on disarming.

Saddam was no threat to the US or any of his neighbors.

This war has shown that.
New You nailed it !!!

Cheers Doug.

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
     Meanwhile back at the ranch... - (screamer) - (12)
         I especially like the last line of the following link... - (screamer) - (8)
             Love that binary logic. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                 How, I must of missed the "logic" - (screamer) - (6)
                     Off the top of m' head... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                         In other words... - (screamer) - (4)
                             I think the real question is - (jake123) - (2)
                                 Give that man a cigar! - (Brandioch)
                                 You nailed it !!! - (dmarker)
                             Chickenhawks, armchair general...concern citizens. - (Simon_Jester)
         Why isn't this on the News? - (gdaustin) - (2)
             Because as propaganda - it appears over the top - (dmarker) - (1)
                 You make it sound so complicated. -NT - (Brandioch)

Yes, m'lord.
37 ms