IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Have fun, guys!
I'm off for a week of carving and drinking (in that order - I hope to come back with the same number of fingers).

There will be graven images (but not idolatry) and alcohol (but not drunkenness - well, maybe a little) involved, so a big "nya nya nya" to those who tried to wipe out the infidels. To the rest, peace, whatever you worship or don't. Not just a lack of violence, peace.

Try not to take things too seriously. It isn't permanent anyway. Any of it.

Current lrpdism: Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

My sig may be back soon.
----
sig suspended until I get my sense of humor back
New LRPD: if no else helps, try *other* major Berkeley product.
New Words to live by..
New I'm back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Yep. All there. Managed not to slip with a blade despite consuming two whole beers during the course of the week. Blew a wad of cash on pointy things and books, took two nights of sleeping in my own waterbed for my spine to recover from a week of using my truck bed as a bed. Otherwise, no major damage.

I highly reccomend spending a week without computers and beyond the reach of media, particularly if you can do so in the company of old friends you've never seen (and some you have) doing something you love to do.

As I told my wife on the phone: "I'm cold and wet and having a great time."

I have my sense of humor back, and my abilities. Which is good, because all hell broke loose while I was gone. But unlike the version of me that left a week ago, the upgraded and recharged version can handle it. Enjoy the challenge, even.

One thing I'll have to watch out for: my sense of humor (which is black at the best of times) is back a lot sooner than a lot of people's. I'll try real hard not to offend...
----
Watch this space: Catch-22 quote will appear once I have the book in front of me.
New Welcome back, Mike!
Alex

Whom the gods destroy, they first make mad. -- Euripides
New Hola Mike..
Don't worry about the 'shades of blackness' - we can be assured that ebony describes the former location of a heart, in the advanced planners of atrocity: destruction is so much easier than what was required to build.

I became aware of that re an "accelerator complex" - as good a model for a techno-society as any. When the natives were becoming restless with demonstrations (re the administration's deafness to the growing Vietnam madness) - 'we' noticed a few 'little things' which could virtually ensure that: the accelerator could not ever operate again (in a practical sense of cost). Really simple things, like a bag of iron filings...

As a kid crossing the Golden Gate bridge, having just learned how a Bazooka works (shaped charge) - all became clear, how utterly vulnerable are all our taken-for-granted "structures". Throw in a willingness to die in the effort, recall JFK's prescient remark not long before 11/22, anyone willing to trade his own life can kill a President ...

So I doubt that yours (or my) blackest imaginations can compete with the dedicated religiously-Certain fanatical -now purely mechanical- mind, untempered by any doubt or concern.

Long crap-shoot coming; this goes as deeply as the ahuman members of every religious org. IMhO (not that there aren't atheist ahumans able to match - just no recognized org. to pledge allegiance to! and hide within)

:[ but then there's the opportunity of worldwide growth in maturity, too! :-) If somehow, we don't blow that too.

And we've all got ringside seats - predict 'Survivor' shows are next seen for the pabulum they are - we have the Real Thing.

Ashton Pangloss
     Have fun, guys! - (mhuber) - (5)
         LRPD: if no else helps, try *other* major Berkeley product. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Words to live by.. -NT - (Ashton)
         I'm back - (mhuber) - (2)
             Welcome back, Mike! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Hola Mike.. - (Ashton)

Hello, boys and girls! Here we are in Romper Room school again!
70 ms