IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I was at Leighton Barracks...
in Wurzburg, 103'rd MI Battalion (nee 851'st ASA) from '81 to '84. I used to drive down to Heidleburg frequently. Loved Philosopher's Way and the Castle...

It's killing me to see the sandstorms and anticipating the chem strikes.

I even think I heard the "dogfaced soldier" tune in one of the news blurbs. Brought back flashbacks of Benny Hill on AFN and the "Stars and Stripes"... One of my old friends used to do a comic strip for the Stripes called Corporal Kev.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New That's HeidELbErg, dammit! Sheesh...
New danke, herr Conrad...
At least I'm consistent (as are you)! You damn Germans are so precise. Quick story for you that you'll appreciate.

Before I got the flight to Germany from New Jersey (January 1981), I visited friends in Boston. I booked an Amtrak ticket for the trip to Jersey. It was 14 hours late... 14 hours.

I got to Frankfurt and was taken by bus to the bahnhoff. I'm standing at station with my ticket (which says 10:04 departure) and it's about 10:05. Everyone on the platform was obviously disturbed and (not speaking any German at the time) I started getting scared that there was some major disturbance or problem. So I asked a few people what was going on. "The damned train is late again. This country is going to hell." It showed up a minute later and I'm pretty sure that the conductor had his ass royally chewed out by the passengers.

As usual, I don't have a point, but I've been having a mini flood of memories of my experiences there.
Just a few thoughts,

Dan

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
     Hep Me! - (deSitter) - (12)
         Rock of the Marne to you... - (screamer) - (11)
             Yep -NT - (deSitter)
             When and which unit? - (jbrabeck) - (7)
                 That's the 88th ID - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Not sure about the 88'th, but I wore that patch on - (screamer) - (1)
                         Not that one! - (deSitter)
                     88th - (jbrabeck)
                 I was at Leighton Barracks... - (screamer) - (2)
                     That's HeidELbErg, dammit! Sheesh... -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         danke, herr Conrad... - (screamer)
             That was Ross's relative Audie Murphy's outfit in WW-II. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Right! - (deSitter)

Look on my CD collection, ye mighty, and despair!
86 ms