IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Rock of the Marne to you...
Why for are you sporting the Marne patch? I had that thing on my arm for about 3 years... This your way of showing your support for the 3rd Infantry Division?
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New Yep
-drl
New When and which unit?
'72-'73 Div HQ, G-4. Leighton Bks.

then to USAREUR HQ in Heidelberg until '83
[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
New That's the 88th ID
I assume the two were in the same place? Germany?
-drl
Expand Edited by deSitter March 25, 2003, 11:50:26 PM EST
New Not sure about the 88'th, but I wore that patch on
my shoulder for 3 years. I believe that it is 3'rd Infantry Division and all units under it? I'm not familiar with the 88'th ID. It's shown [link|http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/army/3id.htm|http://www.globalsec...ency/army/3id.htm] as such at this link.

Been reading your comments. Hang in there. I'm intentionally not hitting the "save" button in many of these fora - biting my lip so to speak. Hope all is well with you.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Raising it up,
Waxing it down,
In a little white box that I can sell uptown

Frank Zappa - Montana
New Not that one!
jbrabeck's icon.

Everything's OK. Drop an email once in a while. I'm soon mobile and South Bend is a nice weekend trip.
-drl
New 88th
Active 3ID then USAEUR/7th A in Heidelberg (no patch for 7A on that site)
Reserve 88ID (Co A, 205th Spt BN) and then 5042 USAR school. Both at Ft. Snelling MN.
[link|mailto:jbrabeck@attbi.com|Joe]
New I was at Leighton Barracks...
in Wurzburg, 103'rd MI Battalion (nee 851'st ASA) from '81 to '84. I used to drive down to Heidleburg frequently. Loved Philosopher's Way and the Castle...

It's killing me to see the sandstorms and anticipating the chem strikes.

I even think I heard the "dogfaced soldier" tune in one of the news blurbs. Brought back flashbacks of Benny Hill on AFN and the "Stars and Stripes"... One of my old friends used to do a comic strip for the Stripes called Corporal Kev.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

New That's HeidELbErg, dammit! Sheesh...
New danke, herr Conrad...
At least I'm consistent (as are you)! You damn Germans are so precise. Quick story for you that you'll appreciate.

Before I got the flight to Germany from New Jersey (January 1981), I visited friends in Boston. I booked an Amtrak ticket for the trip to Jersey. It was 14 hours late... 14 hours.

I got to Frankfurt and was taken by bus to the bahnhoff. I'm standing at station with my ticket (which says 10:04 departure) and it's about 10:05. Everyone on the platform was obviously disturbed and (not speaking any German at the time) I started getting scared that there was some major disturbance or problem. So I asked a few people what was going on. "The damned train is late again. This country is going to hell." It showed up a minute later and I'm pretty sure that the conductor had his ass royally chewed out by the passengers.

As usual, I don't have a point, but I've been having a mini flood of memories of my experiences there.
Just a few thoughts,

Dan

New That was Ross's relative Audie Murphy's outfit in WW-II.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Right!
Lots of CMHs in that division.

My uncle was in the technically oldest US regular division, Pennsylvania 28th Nat'l Guard. I have no idea how a Georgia man got to be a lieutenant in the "Bloody Bucket" Division (earned that nickname in WW-I). I never had a chance to ask him. He was wounded in the foot shortly before his entire "outfit" got wiped out. By then he was in a hospital in the rear. (I think outfit is the same as "company" - several squads.)
-drl
     Hep Me! - (deSitter) - (12)
         Rock of the Marne to you... - (screamer) - (11)
             Yep -NT - (deSitter)
             When and which unit? - (jbrabeck) - (7)
                 That's the 88th ID - (deSitter) - (3)
                     Not sure about the 88'th, but I wore that patch on - (screamer) - (1)
                         Not that one! - (deSitter)
                     88th - (jbrabeck)
                 I was at Leighton Barracks... - (screamer) - (2)
                     That's HeidELbErg, dammit! Sheesh... -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         danke, herr Conrad... - (screamer)
             That was Ross's relative Audie Murphy's outfit in WW-II. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Right! - (deSitter)

WHEW! That was some seriously strong sh... *KNOCK KNOCK* sorry, I'll get back to that thought in a moment...
75 ms