IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Yep...
You know, much of the purported bad work attributed to the US of A is sheer twaddle, but that still leaves quite a bit of nastiness actually undertaken by the last Evil Empire.

When I was seventeen an American working in Uruguay was kidnaped, killed, and dumped on the front steps of the American embassy. His abductors (a group calling themselves the "Tupamaros," if memory serves) claimed that the American (one Dan Mitrione) had been teaching torture techniques to the Uruguayan police. Thinking myself, that first year of the Nixon administration, a worldly and cynical high school senior, I nevertheless thought, "oho, we may be a pretty ghastly country in many respects, but no, we don't condone, much less teach, torture."

Of course we did, and do. Ol' Dan taught the Uruguayan secret police how to torture efficiently, and he did so by negative example: he'd have street beggars, people no one would miss, brought to his operating ampitheatre, and there he would demonstrate the wrong way to torture: "See? Your subject is dead. You can't get any more information from him. Now this way, on the other hand..."

Because the most fatuous lefties attribute all and any evil to the USA, you have reflexively come to dismiss any charge of wrongdoing out of hand. Better you should open your eyes, and you could start with a Google search of "Dan Mitrione"--who was no more an abberation in his sphere than William Calley was in his. And don't imagine those days are gone after 34 years--they're back, on steroids, nastier and more vengeful than ever.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New I actually think BePatient sill has an aha experience ...

to go thru. It is clear that you & I have done so.

It is possible the gap between us & him, is one of life experience & stunning realisations re 'facts' & 'truths' from our own leaders vs his youth & inability to see the bad eminating from today's leaders. Some here truly are suckled on the tit of national propaganda & can't let it go.

Doug Marker
Like Brandi, I am close to avoiding BP as a lost case until he has a few life revelations that open his eyes & mind & that I suspect will take years.

New Right.
I'm deluded.

You espouse a grand conspiricy theory based on 73 lousy million and >I'm< the lost cause.

You guys are fucking sad.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: Right.
You are indeed deluded, and some of us are fucking sad (although we attempt not to lose sleep over it) that this is so.
New OK I have a question here
France billions
Germany Billions
America 73 million and you find ONLY the American action egregious?
Yes American Firms will profit instead of French and German Firms that are currently profiting. Is that evil? Is America expected to only do the right thing when no profit is involved? If there is a profit America must stand by and do nothing? Was there no profit to be made from WW2? Because lots of firms made huge profits from Amrica leading the charge on WW2 we should have left Hitler and Tojo to themselves? Cool
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New Don't introduce that reality here Box...
...it cannot be accepted. Chirac is being "honorable" in the face of the evil imperialist state that is the United States.

Cheney took office...told Bush "I can make the country (you know...the one with the multi TRILLION dollar economy) another quick 50 million if we bump off Hussein. SO convincing was he that Bush, Condi and the gang said "great...I'll call him part of an Axis of Evil in a speech and we'll go bump him off so Halliburton can score another contract.

How could we be so blind as to not see the utter logic...that there are dozens of countries lining up behind us so we can score that 78 mill.

New More Econ reductio. Hey it's an MO by now..
(OMiGawd and reality too. This's gonna be.. )

Miss, will you sleep with me?
No!
..for a million dollars?
...well
OK but Just Once.
How about ten dollars?

'Character' via a spreadsheet? a CQ number, perhaps?
You Will take the "73M" Literally; in isolation; separate; from the Perles, the execrable Karl Rove and the other mega-Hawks surrounding this dopey, slogan-impressionable ex?-Cokehead Texan, and conclude:

Must be them Libruls again. Yup, no never mind. Ha.. that weird woman with the funny Huffy name (from her Ex: a Real Loooser, that one. He was in Hi-Tech too).

(Somehow this seems a lot like Dell's 'troubleshooting' technique. You call in with a Continuing Problem, having run 7 hrs. of diagnostics yada yada. They want to flip to Page 1 of their Wall Chart for confounding the delivery of any Useful Action SoYouWillGoAway and have you start over from 0 - with Adam, Eve and the Forbidden Fruit of the Knowledge of Yes/No)

Now for *some* simple scavengers: 73M will keep them in country clubs, the party circuit just fine. I suspect that most hangers-on would settle for quite less than a billion 'personally' - but I admit that I haven't interviewed them all to determine each's wants.

Only the actual Oil Dynasties (with names like Prescott and roots back to glorious IG Farben dealings and stuff) get to up-ante two orders of magnitude, in *their* Rosy dreams!

Guess the simplest explanation for the rush to nail the bumbling 12-Year-Dangerous Saddam (whom Daddy Missed (so's we wouldn't have strife over there, and all)) is:

They all be Patriots. Yeah - that fits Occam reeel goood.

Thanks for your explanation,

Ashton

BTW - the 73M was just *last time*
Do this a few times and pretty soon you're talking about Real Money.
OK will 730 Million do it?
(What Else does a biznessman er conserve/dream of? One who already has a couple Mill and wants More.)
Clean water? Smaller class size? A new Cathedral with name on it?
:-\ufffd Yer fun too..
New What?
Simplest explanation?

There is no oil in the razor case for war. A grand conspiricy of our government being sold to the world for 2 ex-oil men to make money (that won't because they aren't oil men no more).

Sorry...doesn't fit.

And no...even after a few times you're not talking real money. Not in that business.

New I agree it's a tawdry sum..
Implicit is my thesis: individuals are known to act for a wide range of personal 'reasons'. And silly as it sounds (from outside someone else's mind!) -- more mischief than the current type, has been instigated or supported with an eye on even lesser sums. (And how does one fold-in the 'power' factor - to one's persoanl Net Worth calc?) Test specimen: Henry Kissinger; we can dredge up countless others. Why bother?

We elect people via bogus information spun even further. We sorta *want* George Washington [in mythical form] and we get ___. These _ciphers_ are on perpetual lookout for Self, and currently so within a culture whose prime obsession is almost identical. (This does not bode well for the maintenance of a society - we already see) Name me an altruist in US Government today, please __?

(Jimmy Carter is in 'public life' not Govt.)

That's my Occam,

Ashton
New OT: By "Perles" you mean Richard Perle? Carry on...
New Make it 'Perle(s)' - generic True Believers by any name.
New Re: OK I have a question here
boxley asks: "you find ONLY the American action egregious?"

Of course not. Nation-states being what they are there are zillions of cubic yards of egregiousness to go around. I merely find offensive the American tendency to claim like volumes of virtue for the US of A, which is, frankly, the closest thing to the Scourge of the Earth (evaluated in terms of strength and scope of malignity) we have going since the demise of he Third Reich, and yes, I would put us ahead of the USSR in terms of people killed at the behest of us and our clients since 08/45.

cordially,
New Well in that case we are in agreement
nothin worse than a hooker whining about the virtue of those who give it away. As for the butchers bill I suspect we are pikers compared to the British in the good old days.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
\ufffdOmni Gaul Delenda est!\ufffd Ceasar
New Whew {relief}__That makes it all OK, then._ We be #2 slime..
New For one f***ing thing - get this straight

>>
You espouse a grand conspiricy theory based on 73 lousy million and >I'm< the lost cause.
<<

Where did I espouse a grand conspiracy theory on 73 mill ???? Where ???

Yes you can be deluded

Doug M
(really losing Patience Be that as it may)
New "There's a sound basis for the case"
Sounds like you agreeing with the "bottom line" theory put forward to me.

New Not good enough - anything better ???
New Your words.

New I would like an apology for your fabrication
Unless you can produce my words that in *any* way justify your lie.
If you appologise I will let it rest and consider it a mistake. I am deeply ofended at the way you have gone about this.

Thankyou

Doug Marker
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 21, 2003, 07:12:29 AM EST
New When did you morph into Brandi?
No. You won't get one. Not for that.

You tacitly supported her story with your title only post...support for a conspiricy theory revolving around a $73 million contract.

and when called on it after a personal attack against me...YOU demand an apology because...??

hahahahahahahahahahahaha (to quote your new hero)

New BePatient you are a liar !!!
You made a completely false statement - I challenged your response was garbage. You won't appologise for your lie.

You are nothing but a liar.

The sequence ...

Tod Posts: item 'The Bottom Line On Iraq: It's The Bottom Line'

Doug Posts:
As before, brilliantly insightful & to the real point

Love the wrap up line

>>
As they say, to the victors -- and the big buck donors -- go the sp-oil-s.
<<

BePatient posts:
Yep...
its all due to the evil imperialist lust of the good old US.

Predictable.

Doug posts:
Predictable, yes because there is a sound basis for the case

BePatient posts:
$73 million?
And due to this Cheney is driving the administration's call to arms to purge Hussein?

$73 million????
I may not think we should go to war...but >this< shit is the anti-American left at its extreme.

How can she rail against Halliburton...yet conveniently ignore that business dealings worth BILLIONS more are being conducted by the French in violation of the UN resolutions. BILLIONS more by the Germans. BILLIONS more by the Russians.

No...it CANNOT be the US taking a stand after 12 years of patrolling...occupying...and otherwise spending OUR money to enforce UN resolutions...to say...once and for all...THIS MUST STOP. Comply or else.

Nope...it is all over some piddly 73 million dollars in heavy equipment.

And the sad part...you believe her.

Doug Posts:
I actually think BePatient sill has an aha experience ...

to go thru. It is clear that you & I have done so.

It is possible the gap between us & him, is one of life experience & stunning realisations re 'facts' & 'truths' from our own leaders vs his youth & inability to see the bad eminating from today's leaders. Some here truly are suckled on the tit of national propaganda & can't let it go.

Doug Marker
Like Brandi, I am close to avoiding BP as a lost case until he has a few life revelations that open his eyes & mind & that I suspect will take years.

BePatient posts:
Right.
I'm deluded.

You guys are fucking sad.

So how did you reach the position to state "You espouse a grand conspiricy theory based on 73 lousy million"

That is a barefaced concoction entirely written by you. I never said anything like it.

Yopu are an unapologetic liar.

Doug

Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 21, 2003, 10:24:02 AM EST
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 21, 2003, 10:26:09 AM EST
Expand Edited by dmarker Feb. 21, 2003, 10:28:40 AM EST
New To quote your new hero again...
...Poor baby.

New The literary Market Will Correct.
New You weighing in here?
Thats pretty funny.

In like circumstance...douzaines de fois.

Never once the urge to...

pants on fire.

Come one..come all. Pile on.

New Inside, they're not answering.
The LRPD is hilarious tonight! :-)

Back to our regularly scheduled piling on...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Si la chaussure s'adapte, portez-la :-\ufffd
     Cheney looking to cleanup (on) Iraq - (tuberculosis) - (46)
         As before, brilliantly insightful & to the real point - (dmarker) - (31)
             Yep... - (bepatient) - (30)
                 Predictable, yes because there is a sound basis for the case -NT - (dmarker) - (3)
                     $73 million? - (bepatient) - (2)
                         I'll take a stab at this... - (jb4) - (1)
                             Not bad. - (bepatient)
                 Re: Yep... - (rcareaga) - (25)
                     I actually think BePatient sill has an aha experience ... - (dmarker) - (24)
                         Right. - (bepatient) - (23)
                             Re: Right. - (rcareaga) - (10)
                                 OK I have a question here - (boxley) - (9)
                                     Don't introduce that reality here Box... - (bepatient) - (5)
                                         More Econ reductio. Hey it's an MO by now.. - (Ashton) - (4)
                                             What? - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                 I agree it's a tawdry sum.. - (Ashton)
                                             OT: By "Perles" you mean Richard Perle? Carry on... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Make it 'Perle(s)' - generic True Believers by any name. -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Re: OK I have a question here - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                         Well in that case we are in agreement - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Whew {relief}__That makes it all OK, then._ We be #2 slime.. -NT - (Ashton)
                             For one f***ing thing - get this straight - (dmarker) - (11)
                                 "There's a sound basis for the case" - (bepatient) - (10)
                                     Not good enough - anything better ??? -NT - (dmarker) - (9)
                                         Your words. -NT - (bepatient) - (8)
                                             I would like an apology for your fabrication - (dmarker) - (7)
                                                 When did you morph into Brandi? - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                     BePatient you are a liar !!! - (dmarker) - (5)
                                                         To quote your new hero again... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                             The literary Market Will Correct. -NT - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                 You weighing in here? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                     Inside, they're not answering. - (Another Scott)
                                                                     Si la chaussure s'adapte, portez-la :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
         Careful there Todd.... - (Simon_Jester) - (13)
             Nobody is more surprised than I at the fireworks. - (tuberculosis) - (12)
                 look at the title of the forum - (boxley)
                 Psst...gotta match;-) -NT - (bepatient) - (7)
                     That's an opening I'll leave alone. ;-) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Ah c'mon...what fun is that? -NT - (bepatient)
                     Well, in the spirit of the High Tone of the Politics forum - (Ashton) - (4)
                         :-) ! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                         Ash, what prompted such generosity of match ??? -NT - (dmarker)
                         Time stamp? - (bepatient) - (1)
                             C'mon.. you were Hopin fer it___ like a danglin chad ;-) -NT - (Ashton)
                 I'm not surprised at the fireworks... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     Lovin that spin I'm in... - (bepatient)
                     Toss up between fireworks & th ringin of peoples bells <vbg> - (dmarker)