IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Supplying a link.
[link|http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/7630/indexHistory01.html|Lafayette Escadrille].
The Lafayette Escadrille (LE) was made up of American pilots based in France that fought against the Jagdstaffeln of Germany prior to the United States entry into World War 1. Originally called the Escadrille Americaine, this group is perhaps as well remembered for their actions in the officer's club, as their success in the skies. The Lafayette Escadrille had 38 American pilots that rotated to other squads within the Lafayette Flying Corps, a part of the French Air Service. In all, 65 Lafayette Escadrille and Lafayette Flying Corps members perished during the air war effort over France. The Lafayette Escadrille was formed in April 1916 and carried the cause of freedom to skies over western Europe until the squadron was absorbed by the United States Air Service in 1918.
[link|http://www.users.voicenet.com/~pstav/fayette.htm|Marquis de Lafayette] supported the American Revolution.
Alex

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."\t-- Mark Twain
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Feb. 19, 2003, 09:11:57 PM EST
New Thanks!
11.1 Alex * 60 writes:
The Lafayette Escadrille (LE) was made up of American pilots based in France that fought against the Jagdstaffeln of Germany prior to the United States entry into World War 1.
Ah, kewl, didn't know that. (Rather an appropriate name they got there, IMO.)

Marquis de Lafayette supported the American Revolution.
Yeah, I knew *that* -- which was why her "WW I" reference threw me off.

But, come to think of it... Even if ms Ivins has reasoned like you, that the writer of the note must have meant the "escadrille", she still *does* have it backwards, doesn't she?

I mean, if it were the squadron the note had been referring to, shouldn't it have said "they're still with *us*", meaning with the French? It looks much more probable, to me, that it meant the Marquis himself, as a way of saying "We, the French, are still with you".

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
     Molly Ivins defends the French - (Silverlock) - (35)
         No real issue there, humor is where you find it. - (boxley) - (7)
             Depends on what you mean by humor - (Ashton) - (6)
                 Damn, Ashton... (new thread) - (inthane-chan)
                 when you have a country founded by puritans and people - (boxley) - (2)
                     Maybe our original slaving boorishness is now in all the DNA -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                         in the psyche anyway as the reminder is with us daily -NT - (boxley)
                 Yeah, but we have a culture *now* and they don't. - (marlowe) - (1)
                     Michael Moore isnt sad, he's a petulant 1 trick pony -NT - (boxley)
         Hmmm... One bit I don't quite get: - (CRConrad) - (8)
             Lafeyette Escadrille I suspect -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Supplying a link. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Thanks! - (CRConrad)
             Ehrr? - (Silverlock) - (4)
                 he is implying that he didnt understand the reference. -NT - (boxley)
                 Huh?!? WTF are you talking about? - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     You nailed it - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         Aha - a man of honor & courage - pls infuse some to Marlowe - (dmarker)
         Molly Ivins: The Only Liberal Left In Texas - (gdaustin) - (17)
             Extra nasty tonight for some reason? - (Silverlock) - (11)
                 Re: Extra nasty tonight for some reason? - (gdaustin) - (10)
                     Possible understanding for you on Iraq... - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                         CIA: Looking for used Russian 18 wheel trucks - (gdaustin) - (3)
                             Exactly -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 no need the Germans sold them mobile labs in the 80's :-) - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Now, now we used to play both sides, too... - (gdaustin)
                     Compare her to - (lincoln) - (4)
                         Molly - Osama Bin Leftist - (gdaustin) - (3)
                             Just a guess - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                 Read it... - (gdaustin)
                             Ordinary sexist reactionary stereotypes are, well.. usual - (Ashton)
             Just you stay there in Texas, now . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             10,000,000:[a few] eh? Gawd I love homogenization. - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Maybe that's what's wrong with the economy... - (gdaustin) - (2)
                     You are not alone - (dmarker) - (1)
                         those 3 mystery ships could be tramp steamers - (boxley)

LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
147 ms