IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Three things:
1) I use [link|http://subwiki.honeypot.net/cgi-bin/view/Main/DebianKernelBuilding|http://subwiki.honey...ianKernelBuilding] for my kernel building needs. Had no issues with it other than with initrd.

2) Debian saves the kernel config in /boot with the kernel. Diff it to see what may or may not have been left out of your new config.

3) Are you using grub? And did you save your old kernel?
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Some answers
Not using grub (yet) - using Lilo. I need to poke around and figure out how to point it back at my old kernel - nevermind, fixed that. The file "config-2.2.20-idepci" is 3888 bytes, the file "config-2.4.18" is 20500 bytes. Just a wee bit different, methinks. :P I'll poke around and see what I can find missing, though.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
New Suggestion: use grub
When you're screwing around with new kernels, GRUB makes things easier by allowing you to edit the boot params at boot time when something is mucked up.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Kernel upgrade issues. - (inthane-chan) - (17)
         Three things: - (admin) - (2)
             Some answers - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Suggestion: use grub - (admin)
         eaten by etherconf? - (lordbeatnik) - (13)
             No such package/man entry. - (inthane-chan) - (12)
                 apt-get install etherconf - (folkert) - (11)
                     Re: apt-get install etherconf - (inthane-chan) - (10)
                         Re: apt-get install etherconf - (inthane-chan) - (9)
                             I'd just INstall the Binary Kernel... It works well.. - (folkert) - (4)
                                 Just tried that. - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                     Okay... I *GUESS*... - (folkert)
                                     Re: Just tried that. - (lordbeatnik)
                                     Boot Spew - (pwhysall)
                             Re: apt-get install etherconf - (lordbeatnik) - (3)
                                 Bah. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                     My 1905-S303 page updated... - (Yendor) - (1)
                                         On it. I'll let ya know how it turned out... -NT - (inthane-chan)

Opportunities are rarely good news.
39 ms