IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So that's when it does it!
I run IE rarely on my WinME OEM install* and I haven't yet figured out when it decides it wants to connect to MS instead of the default blank page I setup. So it's to do with changing an IE-related setting, hmm?

I've also noticed WMP has no option to "Not check for updates". (Neither does Real Player, BTW.) I wonder how close MS are to Requiring An Internet Connection whilst running Windows...

Wade.

* shaddup.

"Ah. One of the difficult questions."

New Very.
     Microsoft and Security - (n3jja) - (51)
         Re: Microsoft and Security - (Yendor) - (50)
             Lean forward and get your bitchslap! ;-) -NT - (n3jja) - (3)
                 It's not even that clear cut. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     Wrong - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Different sections. - (inthane-chan)
             Re: Microsoft and Security - (andread) - (45)
                 Theoretical Researchers . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Re: Microsoft and Security - (Yendor) - (41)
                     Sensing Deep Paranoia Here - (andread) - (40)
                         Well, a lot of people, including whole governments . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (39)
                             this relates to Windows Update how? -NT - (andread) - (38)
                                 How the hell do you think they'd distribute it? - (Andrew Grygus) - (37)
                                     Is 98 the last M$-OS for very many, out there? - (Ashton) - (6)
                                         Really? - (andread) - (1)
                                             Really. - (Yendor)
                                         I vote yes....conditionally - (jb4) - (3)
                                             Start with SuSE, sure. - (admin) - (2)
                                                 Thanks for the Knoppix tip - (jb4) - (1)
                                                     Debian is harder to configure, easier to install - (admin)
                                     And you're definition of 'it' is? - (andread) - (10)
                                         See above... - (Yendor)
                                         Home user updates? - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                             Post hoc... - (andread) - (5)
                                                 Bull, most businesses DO NOT have firewalls and admins. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                     good point - (andread)
                                                     E-fscking-GAD! - (jb4) - (2)
                                                         Geezis, where the... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                             Writing embedded systems, thankyewverymuch... - (jb4)
                                             So that's when it does it! - (static) - (1)
                                                 Very. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                     Give it up, guys - I done TOLE you Andy is an MS shill. -NT - (CRConrad) - (18)
                                         Well, we know that . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         at least you didn't call me Andrea this time, 'Charlene' -NT - (andread) - (16)
                                             And at least you didn't try to deny it this time, Andrea. -NT - (CRConrad) - (15)
                                                 Tell you what - (andread) - (14)
                                                     Only shows, some people are stupid enough to whore for free. -NT - (CRConrad) - (13)
                                                         Curiouser and curiouser - (andread) - (11)
                                                             Speaking of 'sides' - (Ashton) - (10)
                                                                 Microsoft's very foundation is theivery. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                                                     Unfortunately, Western Business runs that way. - (static) - (8)
                                                                         It goes a lot deeper than that - (tonytib)
                                                                         Western Business in the news runs that way - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                                                                             Pithy summary; still M$ is different - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                                                 Nestle - (andread) - (4)
                                                                                     Quite right you are.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                         Do I dare post... - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                                                                             Sorry to hear that... - (jb4)
                                                                                             Of course you do! So, have you sent your protest yet? - (CRConrad)
                                                         Whores are professionals - (kmself)
                 You're lucky - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                     Good points - (andread)

This is starting to sound like and invasion of "Them!". EE-EE-EE-EE-EE-EE-krrrrrk-ick-ick-ick-ka-ka-ka. Sheesh!
127 ms