IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nah - the 'kitchen' I was referring to . . .
. . was American women.

Personally, I'm quite accustomed to them and probably wouldn't know what to do with someone obedient and domesticated.

I don't like dogs either.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: Nah - the 'kitchen' I was referring to . . .
Domesticated? That's not what this is about. Psychos can be great decorators. Martha Stewart. Oh no, I'm getting hot now.
-drl
New hot? for martha?
your pillow is turned the wrong way :-)
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas Alva Edison
New And here I had another alternative explanation all lined up!
Da Gryge explains
Nah - the 'kitchen' I was referring to . . . was American women.
Ahh...

And here I had already formed another theory: If you hadn't meant America, you must have meant *women*: "Sitter, Go Gay!" :-)

Actually, I've often said it myself, and only half in joke: Women are so different, so hard to read (and, often, to please) that it would surely be easier if one happened to be homosexual: At least with guys, you have a chance to *understand* what makes them tick!

(Now that I've found Anki, though, I don't have any complaints about being a heterosexual! :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
Mechanisation

As our souls are slowly stolen
The wheels of progress keep steamrolling
Mechanisation melts our minds
To drive the furnace that drives us blind. -- [link|http://www.vergenet.net/~conrad/poetry/mechanisation.html|© Conrad Parker, 1993]
New Men and Women are not entirely compatible . .
. . but it's the best deal we've got, so we just have to learn to live with it.

Actually, I rather like women, and don't particularly care for men, so I don't really mind that women are all completely insane.
New they are not insane, you just havnt perfected your
mind reading technique and without it you are fscked.
we are all without it.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas Alva Edison
New Oh, my mind reading isn't all that bad . .
. . but it often doesn't come up with the answers I want to hear, so playing "stupid male" is often a good cover. It's what's expected, after all.
New that works about the best
sharp as a marble will almost always keep you out of trouble.
thanx,
bill

- Thomas Alva Edison
New Re: that works about the best
Heh - "sharp as a marble" - the lexicon increases by 1 phrase :)
-drl
New Communication versus Convincing
Communication is the art of letting the other person know what we think.

Convincing is the art of getting the other person to do what we want.

Far too often people confuse the two. They complain that communication isn't working when communication happened just fine - but the other person apparently wasn't convinced. To pick a well-known example, "Johnny, didn't you hear me? I want you to clean your room Right Now." Odds are that Johnny knows perfectly well that mommy or daddy wants him to clean his room - but he has not been convinced into actually doing it.

Your "stupid male" trick illustrates the gap as it tends to show up in adult relationships...

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New ahem....
and you would base this insanity theory on ???
New Decades of careful observation
The first thing a guy has to learn is not to believe what women say, even if they believe it themselves. The truth is found in what they do. Took me a long time to fully internalize this, and I still catch myself believing what they say.

Example: listen to a woman's description of the kind of man she wants to date, and what she definitely doesn't want. I'm sure she actually believes what she's saying, but watch the kind of guy that can get a date with her - notice the predominance of "definitely don't wants".

Of course, if she marries him, she's going to want him to instantly turn into the kind of guy who couldn't have gotten a date with him to save his life.

Example: women are always bitching that they want a man who will share the cooking and houskeeping. When they meet one who cooks well and keeps house, it scares the heck out of them because it threatens their power base. Of course, once they marry a guy who can only drink beer and watch football, they start bitching about cooking and houskeeping.

Now, I'm sure men look equally insane from the woman's side, which is OK too. Sanity is not exactly a human characteristic. You just have to recognize the problems and learn to get along with them. Either that or move to Idaho.
New advice from a priest
At one of my cousin's wedding reception, the groom asked the priest to give a blessing/toast to start the festivities. He said something that rang true..and I've seen it play over many times:

"A woman marries a man thinking that once they're married, she will change him. A man marries a woman thinking that once they're married, she will change. The secret, of course, is truly accepting the person that you married for who and what they are. The only thing that can be changed is your own view and attitude toward any given situation."
-----
Steve
New Not how I heard it
I heard it as:
A woman marries a man thinking she will change him. A man marries a woman thinking she will never change. Neither is right.

BTW I got to this old thread through CRC's sig. Totally missed it the first time.
===
Microsoft offers them the one thing most business people will pay any price for - the ability to say "we had no choice - everyone's doing it that way." -- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=38978|Andrew Grygus]
New See? I *knew* it was useful knowledge to spread! :-)
Expand Edited by CRConrad Dec. 30, 2002, 04:05:46 PM EST
     Three years ago today... - (Steve Lowe) - (46)
         Congrats! -NT - (admin)
         My wife said "Aw... that was sweet!" - (folkert)
         Conradulations! ;^) -NT - (CRConrad)
         Hurrah! And here's to many more. -NT - (Meerkat)
         Superb! Mazel tov! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Well said. - (Ashton)
         lucky man! and many more -NT - (boxley)
         Many more -NT - (rickw)
         Congratumalations! - (Yendor)
         Thanks, guys. - (Steve Lowe)
         It appears that your are... - (Silverlock)
         Love is grand, ain't it? -NT - (bepatient)
         Happiness is a wonderful thing - (Arkadiy) - (32)
             Re: Happiness is a wonderful thing - (deSitter) - (31)
                 How would I know? - (Arkadiy) - (30)
                     Re: How would I know? - (deSitter) - (29)
                         Mail-order bride? - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                             Re: Mail-order bride? - (deSitter) - (3)
                                 if you are going there in any case - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Re: if you are going there in any case - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         I remember reading some time ago - (boxley)
                         Well, if you can't stand the heat . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (23)
                             Re: Well, if you can't stand the heat . . . - (deSitter) - (22)
                                 Uh, I think he means *America* is the "kitchen". - (CRConrad) - (21)
                                     he needs someone to help him fix motorcycles - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Ah yes! - (deSitter)
                                     Nah - the 'kitchen' I was referring to . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (14)
                                         Re: Nah - the 'kitchen' I was referring to . . . - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             hot? for martha? - (boxley)
                                         And here I had another alternative explanation all lined up! - (CRConrad) - (11)
                                             Men and Women are not entirely compatible . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                                                 they are not insane, you just havnt perfected your - (boxley) - (4)
                                                     Oh, my mind reading isn't all that bad . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                         that works about the best - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             Re: that works about the best - (deSitter)
                                                         Communication versus Convincing - (ben_tilly)
                                                 ahem.... - (slugbug) - (4)
                                                     Decades of careful observation - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                         advice from a priest - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
                                                             Not how I heard it - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                 See? I *knew* it was useful knowledge to spread! :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     Re: Uh, I think he means *America* is the "kitchen". - (deSitter) - (3)
                                         Well, personally . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                             Ah yes.. accents - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 hissing sibilents do it for me, haw haws are annoying - (boxley)
         Daggonit tears in my eyes -NT - (wharris2)

Phrasers on STUN er SHUN!
97 ms