Would be a Glorious day for all to behold.

As we would have YAOS that "Just Works"(tm). I for one (unfortuneately) gave up really trying to get OS/2 anything about 2 years ago.

I still have my install media (diskettes) for v1.1 and v1.2. And I still have my FREE upgrade letter from IBM for one of those versions. I also have v2.0 "black" media (The disk labels are black with white lettering) and v2.1 withe the "white label". Also still have "OS/2 for Wimdows"... *THAT* was an Oxymoron, it'd be more akin to "OS/390 for MS-DOS" --- YEOW!

Don't have any version of Warp 3/4 at all anymore I gave them to a people dying to have em... and they still use them. I went onto more "attackable" options, those being Linux and *BSD.

Do not get me wrong... there would be *A-LOT* of lessons to be learned from that OS. As well as ALOT of things being immiediately ported to OS/2 that wasn't already. Maybe VM problems would just go away in Linux once the methodologies in OS/2 were discovered. Maybe even some good ideas for the device mapping would also come out of it. Maybe even some of the problems with OS/2 would get resolved with a "Duh, why didn't it get done like this?" fixes.

A gloriuos day indeed. I am sure there is a TON of IP through NDAs in OS/2. It would be tricky indeed to "FREE" OS/2, but a trick worth learning and doing!