IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New you will not see inflation any time soon
deflation perhaps as we are teetering in that direction. Unemployment is just right, inventories are not that low considering we are in a just in time manufacturing base and oil has not climbed excessively. Vehicle sales are down, housing stable and bankrupcies are up. Tax relief is throwing deficits which "might" crank inflation up a tad but I see a flat picture right now. The only thing I have not checked is the goat index.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

Opera was the television of the nineteenth century:loud, vulgar and garish with plots that could only be called infantile. "Pendergast"
New The question that I have then...
Mow much of spending is being caused by eased credit?

If so, what happens when we stop being able to ease credit, and people start facing paying some of it back? (Particularly some of the debt which didn't shrink from inflation as fast as people were hoping.)

There might be a way out by going forward - we certainly have gone much farther than I believed possible - but there are still significant risks ahead.

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New Much like Japan is now
debt fakery and bad loans are a huge part of the economic foundation about 6* the savings and loan debacle if not larger. With the current occupants of the Whitehouse I see taxpayer bailout, increased money supply and 70's inflation in 10 years or so.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

Opera was the television of the nineteenth century:loud, vulgar and garish with plots that could only be called infantile. "Pendergast"
New One catch
The main driver that they can use to manipulate the money supply stops working when the interest rate gets to 0%. It is at 1.5% now.

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
     Okay... now... who said the ECONOMY... - (folkert) - (37)
         Shhh.... - (bepatient) - (2)
             EOY budget spending -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 I doubt it, those number are to big for that. -NT - (folkert)
         It looks promising. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             why pay goes up - (tablizer)
         I did - (ben_tilly) - (4)
             you will not see inflation any time soon - (boxley) - (3)
                 The question that I have then... - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     Much like Japan is now - (boxley) - (1)
                         One catch - (ben_tilly)
         Yeah that &#% Clinton and his - (Ashton) - (23)
             Must you bring up the "Bad Old Days"? - (mmoffitt)
             what surpluses? Never happened -NT - (boxley) - (21)
                 1998 and 1999, for example. - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                     Just because you can - (imric)
                     nope, ya forgot the payroll tax -NT - (boxley)
                     Not if you counted social security - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                         I'll disagree. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                             Not from a Keynesian perspective - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                 Good point. -NT - (Brandioch)
                             No - (ben_tilly)
                         Do deficits really matter when there is no chance that ... - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                             in sheer dollars its huge, as a % of GNP - (boxley)
                             Yes - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                 Leverage - (bepatient) - (7)
                                     Nah, that's what the nukes are for. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Novel approach to calculating a D/E ratio, I suppose. -NT - (bepatient)
                                     But note... - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                         Yes. We have quite the pyramid scheme going, don't we? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                             Think you may need to revisit some definitions. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                 Happily I majored in Mathematics. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Well it is! - (bepatient)
                     Moff, you have your eyes in a blender -NT - (wharris2)
                 But I got a check for $375! - (tuberculosis)
         Who? - (Silverlock) - (2)
             By the way... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Re: "very strange" - (Silverlock)

We can probably skip drugs and prostitution, but the mortgage business looks good.
104 ms