IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've heard that as well.
They claimed it was the only way to secure them.
End of world rescheduled for day after tomorrow. Something should probably be done. Please advise.
New Re: Stories we got was - kill all the women with bombs, then
kill the male terrorists. The women had the body bombs.

The Ruskies had spy cameras and listening gear in place throughout the ceiling & walls. Crept in through the drains & aircon ducts.

As awful as the death toll is I am f***ing certain it would have been a lot higher & the event a lot worse had they not acted as they did. I am sure a whole lot of bleeding hearts who never had to face the consequences of a total failure due to dragged out & gory murders, will scream blue murder that anyone died.

Other reports around now talk of many countries wanting to study the event and know of the gas so they can use the same tactics but hopefully refine the dosage & perhaps act sooner to prevent weakened hostages succumbing.

I for one truly believe Putin did the right thing only it might have been done sooner. It is easy to spit crits at the SF who went in but those bastards had to look death right i the eye & just because it was their job (alright, don't start on what Setznaz & regulars do to civvies in Chechenya - that is unfair <grin>)

Doug M
Expand Edited by dmarker Oct. 29, 2002, 09:13:25 PM EST
New On availability of medical help
Sheer guesswork from what I have heard:

Presumably the inside people had at least someone outside, perhaps with cel fone or other - for advance warning of something as obvious as.. 50 ambulances. Thus their arrival would certainly risk.. element of surprise. Now why they weren't positioned a mile or so away and dispersed - may be a valid criticism.

(No I have no explanation of the way the commandos were assembled invisibly, but must presume this is Tactics 101A and they were not singing marching songs)

Otherwise, from what I've heard recently of the putative composition of the gas: one substance used as an antidote to certain alkaloids.. another component a pharm-chem substance alleged 1000x more potent than morphine - seems likely they would have had little experience of using this on a significant number of civilians; little data to suggest exact dosages. Obv. they neded to incapacitate the human bombs or risk total destruction of the building + occupants + their own troops.

So I concur: Putin did the best he could manage - pending any weird shit that next surfaces.

Ashton
     Possibly worlds largest hostage crisis underway in Moscow - (dmarker) - (24)
         Karl Popper's view of the Problem(s) - (Ashton) - (2)
             "the habit of deference to great men" - (mhuber) - (1)
                 A droll denouement__;-) -NT - (Ashton)
         BBC's reporting it's over - Russian troops in control. - (Another Scott) - (11)
             Another Proud Moment for Islam - (deSitter) - (10)
                 Not an iota of difference between their Fundament--alists - (Ashton) - (9)
                     Re: Not an iota of difference between their Fundament--alis - (deSitter) - (1)
                         I'll buy that (till I see what We do next week) -NT - (Ashton)
                     You might like this link. - (static) - (6)
                         good link but the more I read the more errors I see - (boxley) - (2)
                             I spotted some of those. - (static) - (1)
                                 Still - what century is the rest of the world living in? -NT - (Ashton)
                         More thoughtful than most.__ Fatally flawed. - (Ashton)
                         Re: Without reading others reactions -I see gaping holes in - (dmarker) - (1)
                             Ur has not failed - (mhuber)
         All but one of 117 dead hostages died from gas. - (admin) - (8)
             I've heard all but two died of the gas... - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                 Re: I've heard all but two died of the gas... - (deSitter) - (6)
                     Wasn't a man... - (admin)
                     The operation took 50 minutes - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                         I've been out of touch... - (ChrisR) - (3)
                             I've heard that as well. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                 Re: Stories we got was - kill all the women with bombs, then - (dmarker) - (1)
                                     On availability of medical help - (Ashton)

It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.
82 ms