IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Good one box - not everyone seems to realise that
Seoul is a few miles from the DMZ and that Korea's gigantic new international airport is even closer.

I thought the report was very funny.

Cheers Doug

Just wanted to add that the new international airport is at In'chon - for anyone who wants to understand the significance of In'chon & your daddy is too young to tell you, go to the following link - In'chon was what made McArthur so brilliant (that is, up to the point he wanted to do a Rumz & nuke China - baaaad move (just as Rumz's was))

[link|http://www.kmike.com/inchon.htm|MacArthur's brilliant In'chon move]

Just had to add this gem - for years when I visited Japan (starting in 1980), I found myself being treated with incredible respect and friendliness, it really impressed me, I seemed to have doors opened to me that were quite amazing (can't go into details, would take too long & gets too personal), but after 15 years or so & after learning a lot about Japanese history, it dawned on me that due to a fluke of phonetics, I had landed on my feet, my name DOUGLAS MARKER, was so close to DOUGLAS McARTHUR that the Japs *loved* me (I also looked a bit like a young D McA <grin>) and that was why they treated me so well.

The Japs regard D McA as the greatest American that ever lived (he protected their emperor at a time other US forces wanted to hang him - he did so because he quickly understood the Japs & what was needed to keep them on side - an insight Bush-Cheney-Rumz-Wolf...-&PERL lack)) Today I work in a company (in China) that hired an Australian as CEO BUT is name is Mike Butcher & the locals hated him before they even met him (his name does not go well in Cantonese or Putongwha).

This goes to illustrate how in this part of the world *JUST LIKE in USA* if you look like Tom Cruise or your name sounds like Tom Kruse etc: you get loved until they learn the love is missplaced.

Bush translated into ??? doesn't go down well <grin>
Expand Edited by dmarker Oct. 23, 2002, 08:51:00 AM EDT
Collapse Edited by dmarker Oct. 23, 2002, 09:06:33 AM EDT
Re: Good one box - not everyone seems to realise that
Seoul is a few miles from the DMZ and that Korea's gigantic new international airport is even closer.

I thought the report was very funny.

Cheers Doug

Just wanted to add that the new international airport is at In'chon - for anyone who wants to understand the significance of In'chon & your daddy is too young to tell you, go to the following link - In'chon was what made McArthur so brilliant (that is, up to the point he wanted to do a Rumz & nuke China - baaaad move (just as Rumz's was))

[link|http://www.kmike.com/inchon.htm|MacArthur's brilliant In'chon move]
     N.K. threatens regime change in US if Bush shuns talks - (dmarker) - (5)
         Um.... this may come as a shock... regime change? - (wharris2) - (2)
             It had everything to do with the subject lern OZ humor - (boxley) - (1)
                 Re: Good one box - not everyone seems to realise that - (dmarker)
         Tarriffs on Pickled Cabbage! Horrors! -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
             slicky boys say no cheap whiskey -NT - (boxley)

Unless I missed it, I don't think that they had Barbie in mind as one of the 4 horsemen.
55 ms