IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ban Guns!
Law-abiding citizens will obey the law.

Non law-abiding citizens will break the law. But Doh! They were non law-abiding in the first place.

Law abiding citizens will use firearms responsibly. To defend themselves, as necessary, or for the heck of it, as in sport shooting or at a firing range.

Non law-abiding citizens with an inclination to kill will shoot people whenever they want, wherever they want. The "assault" gun ban enacted in the US a few years ago didn't do much except to ban fierce-looking weapons to normal people.

Criminals can and will get guns. The places (at least in the US) with the most restrictive gun laws seem to have the highest crime rates. Hmmmmm.....
New Re: Ban Guns!
The "assault" gun ban enacted in the US a few years ago didn't do much except to ban fierce-looking weapons to normal people.
Hmmm. I'm not familiar with the "assault gun ban" of which you speak...My father was able to purchase an assault rifle (for use in competitions) just last year...
The places (at least in the US) with the most restrictive gun laws seem to have the highest crime rates. Hmmmmm.....
Spot-on. Read the book.

-YendorMike

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
- Jimmy Buffett, June 20, 2002, Tinley Park
New Re: Wouldn't it be nice if it was as simple as u say
But remember the incident where the Japanes exchange student who had recently arrived in USA, thought he could go trick-or-treat'ing on Halloween but got blasted in the face with a .44 handgun by a classically paranoid southern baptist Christian family man. His comment was - that this evil creature knocked on our door on halloween & would go away when we asked.

But, I have owned many guns in the past (more than you are ever likely to). I do worry about both NZ & Aust banning guns from us citizens when criminals have no compunction about having them (& get usually get slapped on the wrist when caught with them).

All I am saying is that your ideal of the responsible law-abiding citizen may be a fantsy, reality is more like a paranoid Christian (go read some books on psychiatry on what draws people together in relgion) who sees evil in the most innocent of faces (he had the devil in him).

Also for statistics look at the US stats for who killed who with what gun - the majority of murders are as a result of people using a rifle or gun intended to protect themselves to kill someone they are related to, or they themselves get killed by their own gun because they didn't really know how handle it well. Many more deaths are a result of kids finding Mom or Pops 'protection' and killing themselves or some other innocent as they emulate TV.

Nice to live in a world based on theory.....

Expand Edited by dmarker Oct. 23, 2002, 09:48:43 AM EDT
Expand Edited by dmarker Oct. 23, 2002, 09:23:01 PM EDT
     Restricting firearms has helped make England more - (boxley) - (4)
         Same... - (Yendor) - (3)
             Ban Guns! - (wharris2) - (2)
                 Re: Ban Guns! - (Yendor)
                 Re: Wouldn't it be nice if it was as simple as u say - (dmarker)

Look on my CD collection, ye mighty, and despair!
119 ms