IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: No proof other than opinion !!!
1# "what is FACT is that the U.S. had the opportunity to seize Iraq and "manage" their oil at the end of the gulf war. I guess their oil lust was temporarily sated by something else eh? Nobody seems able to give a good account of why this occurred (without it flying in the face of "its all about the oil")."

No! US had no *poltical* capability to sieze Iraq at end gulf war & it is simply naive & bar-room politics to believe Bush snr had that option. Militarily it *could* have been done but the coalition Bush put together was *only* achieved by Bush committing to those participants that the war was *only* to push Iraq out of Kuwait. If US army had pushed on to Bhagdad he would have triggered an Arab revolt & Bush would have been branded a liar by those Arab govts he got in behind his coalition. So the facts as stated by Bush himself *are* that he did not have the mandate or real political ability to go on to Bhagdad.

2# "nothing to do with security etc etc."

Mike - what "security" ???? - The only security in relation to Iraq is oil security!.

3#Well........unfortunately this argument explodes into a trillion tiny droplets of protoplasm if one is forced to consider that we were on the brink of war with N. Korea in 1994. And it wasn't about oil...WAS IT

Mike, can you produce a single popular daily that from the time that backs up your insistance that we were on the verge of war with NK in 1994 ??? - Cheney & Rumz have been on the verge of war with at least 4 nations. My point here is that Cheney & Rumsfeld have wanted to engage in pre-emptive nuke strikes against several countries not just NK - these guys are warmongers who believe might is total right.

4# hipoccracy - true but is this the *best* point you can score !!!

5# You forgot to add, that the replacement for Saddam has to stick his nose up the republicans rear ends whilst on his knees, yes then I would agree that Bush & crew would probably not invade. Why bother when you finally have the target govt on a leash.

Cheers

Doug Marker
Expand Edited by dmarker2 Oct. 22, 2002, 12:15:35 AM EDT
New CNN, Washington Post, CBS
[link|http://www.cnn.com/US/9910/04/korea.brink/#2|CNN]

[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A50658-2002Oct19.html|WashintonPost]

[link|http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/12/02/world/main24060.shtml|CBS]
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
New Re: CNN, Washington Post, CBS
"produce a single popular daily that from the time"

As I though - those items are all from 5 years after the supposed event - but the main point I was making was that the event was not publicised at the time & that there were *many* similar events over the past 12 years.

Hmmmm

no reponse to the other reoplies.

I guess this topic is too set in concrete for either of us to make concessions.

Cheers

Doug
New Oh I see
...if you want stuff from 1994.....here you go.
Note: I'm not sure that any of them say expressly "we are on the brink of war".
But I don't think you are asking for that....jsut that the reports are credible.
I think they are and I think the links provided support this.

[link|http://nl3.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=BG&p_theme=bg&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_text_search-0=korea%20AND%20perry&s_dispstring=korea%20perry%20AND%20date(3/1/1994%20to%203/31/1994)&p_field_date-0=YMD_date&p_params_date-0=date:B,E&p_text_date-0=3/1/1994%20to%203/31/1994&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:A&xcal_useweights=no|Link1] Boston Globe article describing increase in tactical air capacity
[link|http://www.fas.org/news/dprk/1994|Link2] Here is a year's worth of articles

(Warning some link rot...but also a lot of good stuff. Some sobering words from characters like John McCain)

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
New Re: No ya don't

All that you posted were articles common knowledge info re why US had such a massive army in south korea.

We all knew Nth Korea was run by a f***wit (Kim Il Sung) who had done bizzare things like blast the USS Pueblo, & bomb airliners, sent killer squads to wipe out Korean pres (got within yards), dig tunnels under DMZ (at least 3), & kidnap Japs etc: etc:

I used to visit Korea during this era & I can tell you it was worse than any security you have *ever* experinced.

Your reports aren't what I call public awareness of a major confrontation with Korea.

Cheers Doug

(but I do appreciate the trouble you went to)

New Do too (with knobs on)
You asked in "No proof other than opinion"
>>Mike, can you produce a single popular daily that from the time
>>that backs up your insistance that we were on the verge of war with NK
>>in 1994 ???

I have done this I'm inclined to think.
The links back up the assertion. Period.
They back it up VERY well.

Now I have to prove:
"PUBLIC AWARENESS of a major confrontation with Korea".

Sweet huh?

Let me guess.....next comes proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
Then.......... clear and compelling evidence.

-Mike

N. Korea the same as Iraq? - (Mike) - (45)
         What have you been reading? - (Brandioch) - (21)
             But.... - (Mike) - (3)
                 "They"? In 1994? - (Brandioch) - (2)
                     Worse yet... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                         ROFLMAO -NT - (bepatient)
             Facts from the future! - (marlowe) - (3)
                 My prediction - (Mike) - (1)
                     HUH?!? - (jb4)
                 As I've said before, the only "proof" is prediction. - (Brandioch)
             Question - (Mike) - (12)
                 Pay attention, folks. - (Brandioch) - (11)
                     WDYHASM? (new thread) - (Mike) - (10)
                         Re: WDYHASM? (new thread) - (deSitter) - (9)
                             Brandi? - (Mike) - (2)
                                 Re: Brandi? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     :-) -NT - (Mike)
                             why do you hate america so much, thankyou thankyou -NT - (boxley)
                             It's from a Tom Tomorrow cartoon. -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 BS I created he WDYHASM proves seaches are fscked - (boxley) - (3)
                                     The phrase! __not the &^$*#$^ abbreviation_______23Skidoo -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         23 Skidoo - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             [cackle]____Oh You Kid! -NT - (Ashton)
         North Korea is entirely different from Iraq - (boxley) - (9)
             Yeah, the service is terrible -NT - (deSitter) - (8)
                 wazza matter, waiter cook the wrong dog? -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                     Re: Hey Box !! - don't knock it till yer tried it <grin> - (dmarker) - (4)
                         dog is fine sweet but greasy -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                             Wouldn't mind trying it... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                 never tried cat but mountain men declared puma best -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Correction to my previous post. - (inthane-chan)
                 The food is terrible, and such small portions! - (marlowe) - (1)
                     Attribution req'd - Groucho Marx -NT - (deSitter)
         Re: N. Korea the same as Iraq? - getting it wrong - (dmarker) - (9)
             Well.... - (Mike) - (8)
                 Re: No proof other than opinion !!! - (dmarker2) - (5)
                     CNN, Washington Post, CBS - (Mike) - (4)
                         Re: CNN, Washington Post, CBS - (dmarker2) - (3)
                             Oh I see - (Mike) - (2)
                                 Re: No ya don't - (dmarker) - (1)
                                     Do too (with knobs on) - (Mike)
                 Not "nightmare". Just your "fantasy". - (Brandioch) - (1)
                     I would wrestle with you because I like the sport....but - (Mike)
         Pretty much the same... - (screamer) - (1)
             Mission Insoluble - (Ashton)
         Consider this the request for said links... - (jb4)

The first big step on the road to the depths of degreda...
242 ms