IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Brain Tumors
My family has had this as well. One relative of mine had a brain tumor and ended up losing his eyesight. I heard that later he died of a heart attack in the 1980's, possibly 1983. I am trying to track down lost members of my family surname. We had a history of many health problems, mental health issues as well. Some of them are in St. Louis, Mo, and other places nearby. But I cannot seem to locate any of them. At least not yet.\r\n\r\nBest advice I can give you, and I've been a pallbearer before, is to lift with your knees and not your back when you lift up the casket for the first time, and keep a serious but sad look on your face. So many of my realtives died of brain tumors, heart attacks, strokes, kidney failures, and some of suicide caused by depression and other mental illnesses. But our family is strong and sticks together.\r\n\r\nMy prayers are with you, and your dearly departed.
New This is Norm
-drl
New Suspiciously like it, yes... But I ain't convinced. (Yet?)
Fro one thing, this one seems to know how to spell English.
   Christian R. Conrad
Microsoft is a true reflection of Bill Gates' personality - the sleaziest, most unethical, ugliest little rat's ass the world has seen unto this time.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=42971|Andrew Grygus]
New Does it matter (no CRC NOT the spelling)
Why the urgent label? Someone posts, you answer a post or not pursuent to the content. Doesnt matter the dna of the poster unless yer ashcroft. So WTF answer if you wish ignore if you dont and leae the poor bassar alone. (not you, in general)
remeber this is a bar, we are having a conversation and as such all posts that are in the non technical area can have the same guy muttering in the corner or not it doesnt matter.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New Because It's Manipulative
-drl
New Re: Because It's Manipulative
Ummm if we commence micro-analysis of certain aberrant phenomena, expecting an upset one to talk jest like us'ns Or Else? (Or notice certain quirky ways of ending sentences in posts?) - as Fair Game:

There might even be more than one or two 'manipulators' out there, at least when ill. Are we then piranhas? [or pecksniffing Fundamentalists; same thing]
Not every truth is the better for showing its face undistinguished; and often silence is the wisest course for a man to pursue.
Pindar
New Re: Because It's Manipulative
I don't like being manipulated, or seeing it happen to others. It's destructive and mean.
-drl
New Perfect Illustration of Pathological Narcissism
Here Darryl mentions a death in the family, and you, under yet another alias, ramble on about imaginary things to get attention. You seem to be incapable of understanding that there is anyone on this planet other than you. You need to be hospitalized.
-drl
New thou sayest
Irony, where is thy sting?
New Meaning?
-drl
New Re: Meaning?
Are you this dense or just daring me to match your brash social ineptitude? This sure as hell ain't 'code'. Obv physics eptness doesn't convert anywhere else.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

(Personally I don't give a fuck about "what annoys you" and your efforts to clean-up that annoyance you feel with Gatling gun - no matter what the effect upon your target, a really easy target.)
If that isn't clear enough and you insist - I'll supply the CRC format.
New Re: Meaning?
The reason is given below. If you placate the narcissist, it only gets worse. As Norm's friend, I have to do what I think is best for him. If I didn't care I would just let it slide and say "what an asshole".

Shrinks of course have no personal interest - it's easier to just throw drugs at someone.
-drl
New On the last we can ~agree
It has always been a difficult search to find an actually useful shrink or an ept non-robotic thus non-AMA medico. And much harder today, for all obv reasons of homogenization and profit madness. So.. give up looking because it takes soo much time?

Maybe you are 'right' [??] that public confrontation is remotely capable of helping in this case. But how do you divorce that 'decision' from your own style?

That is what I find to be a near-disqualification of 'method' and 'therapist', all things considered.

Ashton
New Re: On the last we can ~agree
I am not a "therapist" and I have no "method". I'm a friend who wants Norm to get better. If I had taken control of my relationship to the narcissist, we would both be better off. But I didn't understand at the time.
-drl
New Oh, I Get It
If you are implying that I'm a pathological narcissist, sorry. Narcissism is a defined abnormal state with definite characteristics, one of which is lack of empathy. I may be fucked up in other ways, but narcissistic I am not.

Read here:

[link|http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php/type/doc/id/419|http://www.mentalhelp.ne...p/type/doc/id/419]

Having lived for 7 years with a pathological narcissist, and having a father who is less so, I actually exhibit symptoms from the victim side i.e. characteristic bitterness and a "won't get fooled again" wariness. That may be why I am so adamant to expose this behavior.
-drl
New Well since you're 'here'
Obv knowing is not enough nor is cataloguing one's behaviour with 'Professional' pseudo-science buzzwords an excuse for the annoyance (and it damn well ain't no cure).

As for you as physician, unable to cure thyself - you have a One-Note idea of 'help therapy' for anyone else, which is likely as useless to your current target as it was for yourself.

Whatever your self-diagnosis, the diagnostician is by def'n - biased. Your physics rocks. Your therapy sucks. Unless it isn't therapy.. just taunt. In which latter case --

Ashton
New Re: Well since you're 'here'
The number 1 rule for dealing with narcissism: CONFRONT THE NARCISSIST. I only wish I had learned this earlier. I sort of came to it intuitively with my Dad - and now we get along great.

I wish Norm would come back as Norm, because I personally like him.
-drl
     See y'all next week - (SpiceWare) - (33)
         Only one thing comes to mind: Don't drop it. - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Someone said walk in step...that helps to not.... - (bepatient)
         Enroute - (jbrabeck)
         My condolences -NT - (Silverlock)
         My condolences, as well. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             My condolences Darrell. :-( And ditto Alex's comments too. -NT - (Another Scott)
         walk somewhat in step and condolences -NT - (boxley)
         *comfort* - (Yendor)
         Sorry to hear that. - (inthane-chan)
         Goin' Thru StL? -NT - (deSitter)
         thanx all - (SpiceWare) - (2)
             Lay Over - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 oh man! - (Steve Lowe)
         Brain Tumors - (HMinstermann) - (16)
             This is Norm -NT - (deSitter) - (5)
                 Suspiciously like it, yes... But I ain't convinced. (Yet?) - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Does it matter (no CRC NOT the spelling) - (boxley) - (3)
                         Because It's Manipulative -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
                             Re: Because It's Manipulative - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Re: Because It's Manipulative - (deSitter)
             Perfect Illustration of Pathological Narcissism - (deSitter) - (9)
                 thou sayest - (Ashton) - (8)
                     Meaning? -NT - (deSitter) - (4)
                         Re: Meaning? - (Ashton) - (3)
                             Re: Meaning? - (deSitter) - (2)
                                 On the last we can ~agree - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Re: On the last we can ~agree - (deSitter)
                     Oh, I Get It - (deSitter) - (2)
                         Well since you're 'here' - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Re: Well since you're 'here' - (deSitter)
         I feel for you. - (static)
         Condolences for you and yours. - (Steve Lowe)
         I'm back - (SpiceWare)

But don't get all fretty-pants on us.
80 ms