IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gerry Falwell: Putting out fires with gasoline ...

Falwell made a public statement that Mohammad was a Terrorist. Issue here is that we all have our opinions on Jesus, Mohmmad, God, etc: etc: etc: but to go public and attack the integrity of the prophet of one of the largest & he fastest growing religions of the world, might just be an act of a dithering blundering idiot.

We can think what we like about other religions - just be careful who you say it to & when & what the consequences will be - people have already been killed in the past few days directly because of the fallout from Falwall's pathetic remarks (news today reported deaths from a dsturbance that occured after Falwell's remarks had been published).

Immams in Mosques across Arabia & other Islamic countries are reporting Falwell's comments & painting Falwell as a fair representation of Christian views. In Iraq it is getting big coverage in both mosque and on national TV.

In Malaysia (where the PM is trying to keep the lid on Muslim extremeism) mosques are reporting Falwell's inspired blatherings.

Hmmmmmm - bout time Falwell went to visit his God in person.

Doug Marker
New Yep!
[link|http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2002/10/12/international1939EDT0641.DTL|Lebanon], [link|http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?objectID=24959371-EFF6-42B0-AE57021AE841990C|Iran, and India]
In Bombay Saturday, Muslims rioted for a second consecutive day to protest Mr. Falwell's comments. Reuters says four people died in the latest fighting.
Yes, indeed. With absolute assholes like Falwell and "W" and their crusades, Osama will get his wish of a world-wide Muslim jihad. So easy to suck idiots into a trap.
Alex

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." -- Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
New Re: Depending on just how ugly this gets ....

Falwell's mouth + Bush & crew's ugly actions, may well collectively have achieved what Bin Laden's 9/11 attacks failed to set off ... Muslim against Jews & Christians.

It may turn out to be a case of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

DSM
New bangin 9 yolds setting cities afire yakkin with satan
yup just another prophet :-)or charles manson. Oops the xians and the jews did worse? Ohwell at leat fowlwell is white and left his sheet and hood at home when he made the remarks.
thanx,
blll
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New Re: Do you get it ????

Doesn't matter what we think of Mohammad or what they think of Jesus (Mary Joseph & Jesus used to be depicted on the stone at Mecca) - just as long as we apply some discretion to what we say, when, & in front of whom esp when we are so called church leaders.

Re Frogs & bombs - yes they did put a hole in the Greeppeace ship the Rainbow Warrior in New Zealand - but fer f**** sake the only casualty was a photographer who rushed down in to the sinking ship to get his cameras & got trapped. They *never* targetted people.

Re the refugees - Australia is built on Middle East refugees so cut the crap about Musim hostility to Australia because of the illegal immigrants issue.

Doug

New sorry must have misunderstood the news about refugees
being not allowed to disembark to where the kids were being flung overboard. Sorry thought those reports were real. And Aussie patrol ships made sure they wernt welcome.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

"Therefore, by objective standards, the leading managers of the U.S. economy...are collectively, clinically insane."
Lyndon LaRouche
New Re: What the f*** is yer point Bill ???
New we dont need fowlwell to piss them off, they have lots of
other reasons to be pissed at us collectivley. This is just another excuse. The idea that facts about their prophet given to us by them cannot be discussed in public is rediculous. The man was a man of his times, putting a halo around the guy because he waited for his 9yo bride to turn 12 is a fscking joke. Perfectly acceptable at that time in history we would lock him up in the here and now either in America or the UK. Fowlwells remarks were accurate. Doenst mean they were right and the achnods know that.
thanx,
bill

Lyndon LaRouche
New That they have much less farfetched justification...
to hate Australians than to hate Americans. After all, the US erred badly in the opposite direction.

No, I'm not insinuating that they have a right to hate Australian citizens. Though if they were merely peeved at Australia's current government, I might understand that much. And that's as close as I'm going to come to suggesting that anyone "ask themselves why."

I suppose there's a happy medium somewhere betwixt these two immigration policies. But no anti-American bigot is ever going to be troubled to look for it.

My advice to all citizens down under is to skip any attempts to scapegoat the US, get the minimum required soul searching out of the way quickly, and then get on with the business of self defense. Reemmber, if a terrorist attacks you, it's at least partly the terrorist's fault.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
The nihilists and the liars have buried truth alive in a shallow grave.
"The US party calls in mortar fire on the enemy positions. The UN party stands up, climbs over the lip of the trench, and recites Robert\ufffds Rules of Order as it approaches the machine-gun positions." - Lileks
New Re: A reasoned (sort of response)

At last a post in rational terms to which I can respond. Best evidence yet that you may be a real person - if you are I will happily acknowledge theat fact.

"hate Australians "
- it is well understood that hate is actually fear. I can see no reason for these people to fear anyone in Australia. The socalled hate of Americans is actually fear of them and their power.

"I suppose there's a happy medium somewhere betwixt these two immigration policies"
- not sure what you mean here ?? - Australia supports immigration from Mulsim countries & encourages it - they just try to stop queue jumpers & treat Asians exactly the same as Iraqis or Afghans. Australia just does not have the economy or resources to cope with immigrants who pay to get a ride on an illegal boat from Indonesia.

"My advice to all citizens down under is to skip any attempts to scapegoat the US"
- Fair comment !!

"But no anti-American bigot is ever going to be troubled to look for it.
"
- is this an insightful & informed remark ??? (maybe we can trade of insults- i owe you some credits in that department <grin>)

"Reemmber, if a terrorist attacks you, it's at least partly the terrorist's fault."

- What if the terrorist is a state agent seeking to sow turmoil ? - did you ever do any follow-up on the 'terrorist' who killed fellow citizens with Anthrax & tried to blame it on Arabs ??? - my point here is that every possibility needs to be examined & it is a mistake to believe our own governments never resort to underhand tactics to get our attention for some political purpose - always keep an open (but fair) mind.

Cheers Doug
(lets hope this might be the begining of some more reasoned & rational exchanges between us )

New What makes Muslims in Bombay so sensitive
to that nutcase? When some sheikh calls all Americans killers by burth, I do not see any riots in Stamford. It's free country, one can spew any nonsence at any time...

Now, if those people are looking for an excuse to do a little rioting over the weekend... Mr Foulwell may come in handy.
We have only 2 things to worry about: That things will never get back to normal, and that they already have.
New Subtle point
Possibly it is this cultural difference, roughly: "free speech" really isn't a tenet of the local flavor of the Parent religiosity.

From such a mindset - remember the fatwa on Rushdie et al - this is a pre-civilized milieu: 'God Speaks' directly from some honcho in robes. So.. if words are a potentially lethal offense? QED.

(Now as to why Kill All because of one fatwa-candidate Yahoo?) Why is that any more absurd than most ovine xenophobic behaviour anywhere - as say, kill a fag,Commie,heathen for Christ ? We have plenty of Muricans with black/white digital-think mindsets and equally bloody ones too, no?

Ashton
we shall always have the Disgusting amongst us
New Good point
I doubt that most Muslims outside the US understand that Falwell does not speak for Christians in general.

----
Whatever
New Yes , I think it's the same fatal error as, believing there
is such a umm ding an sich (sp) - a thing, an entity called by every Politico-slime

The Murican Peepul\ufffd yada & yada.

Clearly it is not merely Muricans who have trouble separating the particular and the general. I guess it's worldwide-Dumbth. {ugh}

A.
     Gerry Falwell: Putting out fires with gasoline ... - (dmarker2) - (13)
         Yep! - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
             Re: Depending on just how ugly this gets .... - (dmarker2)
             bangin 9 yolds setting cities afire yakkin with satan - (boxley) - (6)
                 Re: Do you get it ???? - (dmarker2) - (5)
                     sorry must have misunderstood the news about refugees - (boxley) - (4)
                         Re: What the f*** is yer point Bill ??? -NT - (dmarker2) - (3)
                             we dont need fowlwell to piss them off, they have lots of - (boxley)
                             That they have much less farfetched justification... - (marlowe) - (1)
                                 Re: A reasoned (sort of response) - (dmarker2)
             What makes Muslims in Bombay so sensitive - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                 Subtle point - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Good point - (mhuber) - (1)
                         Yes , I think it's the same fatal error as, believing there - (Ashton)

It'll be gradual, but faster than you expect. One day it won't be there, and the next day you'll be surprised at just how fast it still isn't.
205 ms