IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Tom Paine ___Questions for Conservatives
Strange, I was reading Paine the other day, "The American Crisis" - always a good read. I can imagine how ballistic he would go to see the likes of Shrub in the highest office.

Paine online:

[link|http://www.thomaspaine.org|http://www.thomaspaine.org]
-drl
New Not just Shrub -
The ovine mob-stampeded US Congress in full-blown ex-Constitutional bluster, despite even (Yes - eloquent) pleadings that it SLOW DOWN this rush to abdicate its own responsibilities!

I dunno if Tom Paine could have envisioned such actions by people actually *elected* to power - in his day: shamelessly abdicating that Power to One Man. I mean - who can envision it Today?

Well... some of those present will be remembered for having tried to preserve the Constitutional basis of the pre-PATRIOT USA. The others shall eventually - be listed ignominiously among the sheep. And we can hear it all Live. Only hope I see is that: Byrd is a chessmaster of the Rules of the Senate. He may be the one whose performance we become most grateful for. Whether or not he succeeds.

Ashton
New Re: Not just Shrub -
Well, even in the beginning, after the revolution was won, there was bitter rancor among the Madison and Hamilton camps RE the role of the executive. It's not as if everyone agreed on the best course. In some sense it wasn't really decisively answered until the Civil War. Would the states that agreed to conferedation under a central authority have done so knowing that it was a one-way agreement? Probably not.
-drl
     Tom Paine ___Questions for Conservatives - (Ashton) - (14)
         Re: Sobering article - (dmarker2) - (10)
             How to tell when a politician is lying . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             go suck a dummy - (boxley) - (6)
                 Re: go suck a dummy - Hmmm what is a dummy in US ? - (dmarker2) - (5)
                     dummy is a not so smart human like dumass, dum-dum - (boxley)
                     Sorry, Doug... - (jb4) - (2)
                         Re: Sorry, Doug... What, the actual words or the hidden ones - (dmarker2) - (1)
                             ROFLMAO! - (jb4)
                     IWE First Mate Invents New Computer Langauge - (deSitter)
             I choose #3. - (Brandioch)
             Re: Sobering article - (Ashton)
         Re: Tom Paine ___Questions for Conservatives - (deSitter) - (2)
             Not just Shrub - - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Re: Not just Shrub - - (deSitter)

Their loathing for him is palpable. It can be palped without effort.
44 ms