IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Where is your tongue?
I hope that when you stated:
Is the simple fact that network carriers offer more point to point service something that should be considered "higher service levels".

That it was firmly in your cheek.
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
New Reality check.
No...it was not.

Part of the "service" is the product offered. Its not just "customer" service.

If you want to get from Topeka to Rochester...you cannot do it without using a network carrier.

That is a service. And it is a service that carries a cost. A cost that ensures that a network carrier will never be able to compete with a low cost carrier in individual markets.

The mismanagement here is that the airlines fail miserably to make and market this point...and fail miserably at passing this cost through to tickets...especially low end super saver tickets...which in many cases involve carrying the passenger farther out of his/her way to get to the final destination.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     The War on Airline Passengers - (Ashton) - (58)
         iwethey/iwethey account -NT - (boxley)
         This is why I won't be flying anytime soon. - (Simon_Jester) - (38)
             Wonder if any "Free Marketers" have noticed... - (mmoffitt) - (37)
                 Check the fares. - (bepatient) - (36)
                     um...I note that - (Simon_Jester) - (24)
                         Safety is regulated. - (bepatient) - (23)
                             Where is your tongue? - (jb4) - (1)
                                 Reality check. - (bepatient)
                             Lots of trouble with posting... - (Simon_Jester) - (12)
                                 Re: Lots of trouble with posting... - (bepatient) - (11)
                                     Sigh..bepatient...you're being obtuse. - (Simon_Jester) - (10)
                                         Really? Differing definitions I suppose. - (bepatient) - (9)
                                             Chuckle... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                                 You seem to be missing points on purpose. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                     Fair enough - one last post - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                         Well that was easy. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                     Coming from this end, however ... - (drewk) - (3)
                                                         If you're coming over a weekend... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                             Last time I came - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                 Also wouldn't be surprised to see... - (bepatient)
                                                 You seem to be missing points on purpose. - (bepatient)
                     So it's all the union's fault, Bill? - (jb4) - (1)
                         No its not. - (bepatient)
                     Organized labor killed the steel industry? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                         Compared to what it used to be... - (bepatient) - (1)
                             Got any trade-off numbers - (Ashton)
                     Super Savers and other nonsense. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         Re: Super Savers and other nonsense. - (admin) - (1)
                             Clarification. - (mmoffitt)
                         Route restrictions - (bepatient) - (2)
                             Little cities lost out. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Concede loss of frequency. - (bepatient)
         I've always said current security is stoo-pid - (wharris2) - (7)
             Re: I've always said current security is stoo-pid - (deSitter) - (6)
                 Holy crud, you *admonished* them? - (wharris2) - (5)
                     Re: Holy crud, you *admonished* them? - (deSitter)
                     Re: Holy crud, you *admonished* them? - (jb4) - (3)
                         Re: Holy crud, you *admonished* them? - (wharris2) - (2)
                             Re: Holy crud, you *admonished* them? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 Amen. -NT - (Ashton)
         Very Typical - (deSitter)
         Update - (deSitter)
         Re: The War on Airline Passengers (bad lang alert) - (wharris2) - (7)
             Let's hope we have some company - - (Ashton)
             Don't blame the airlines... - (bepatient) - (2)
                 We knew who the fed was / currently is run by - - (Ashton) - (1)
                     you have a firm grasp of the situation. -NT - (bepatient)
             Re: The War on Airline Passengers (bad lang alert) - (deSitter) - (2)
                 Re: The War on Airline Passengers (bad lang alert) - (wharris2)
                 Will let you know just after the vote on First Strike Now -NT - (Ashton)

A hearty “Shalom amigos!” comes to mind.
68 ms