IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've always said current security is stoo-pid
It is to laugh, and it is to cry.

I'm to go to Atlanta this weekend, company meeting. I could refuse, of course. (first-class ticket to the corporate door, anyone?) I have an 8:30 flight. (Or something thereabouts, yawn, 8:30, 8:45 whatever.) Thus I should be there by at least 6:30, which means I leave house at 5:30AM (yawn ogaw yawn)

The *thought* of it is bringing on compulsive yawning, let alone going through those security checkpoints with my laptop. (Can't do a 2-hour flight without a game of Quake, or at least Morrowind.) (OK I can do books, but they'll be bulkier with less long-term playability.... I mean readability...) (And damn if I'm going to check my laptop in my baggage, need a billion layers of bubble wrap to protect it from baggage "handlers" aka throwers & mashers.)
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
New Re: I've always said current security is stoo-pid
Last time I flew the security cretin banged my laptop around, and I "admonished" them to be more careful, after requesting that a supervisor show up to hear my complaint. Better watch'em carefully.
-drl
New Holy crud, you *admonished* them?
And you weren't strip-searched or something equally dire?
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
New Re: Holy crud, you *admonished* them?
I let them know with just the correct amount of raised voice that I was not happy (HEY!), made eye contact with someone who looked important, and then asked that a supervisor be present for what I had to say.
-drl
Hey, the man's got a set (and the brains to use them...)
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
Expand Edited by jb4 Sept. 27, 2002, 09:45:03 AM EDT
Got a set, yes, and it's a wonder he can still walk. :=)

More balls than I, I'd probably have crumbled.
Hell, you're an American - you have rights. Use'em or lose'em.
-drl
New Amen.
     The War on Airline Passengers - (Ashton) - (58)
         iwethey/iwethey account -NT - (boxley)
         This is why I won't be flying anytime soon. - (Simon_Jester) - (38)
             Wonder if any "Free Marketers" have noticed... - (mmoffitt) - (37)
                 Check the fares. - (bepatient) - (36)
                     um...I note that - (Simon_Jester) - (24)
                         Safety is regulated. - (bepatient) - (23)
                             Where is your tongue? - (jb4) - (1)
                                 Reality check. - (bepatient)
                             Lots of trouble with posting... - (Simon_Jester) - (12)
                                 Re: Lots of trouble with posting... - (bepatient) - (11)
                                     Sigh..bepatient...you're being obtuse. - (Simon_Jester) - (10)
                                         Really? Differing definitions I suppose. - (bepatient) - (9)
                                             Chuckle... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                                 You seem to be missing points on purpose. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                     Fair enough - one last post - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                         Well that was easy. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                     Coming from this end, however ... - (drewk) - (3)
                                                         If you're coming over a weekend... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                             Last time I came - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                 Also wouldn't be surprised to see... - (bepatient)
                                                 You seem to be missing points on purpose. - (bepatient)
                     So it's all the union's fault, Bill? - (jb4) - (1)
                         No its not. - (bepatient)
                     Organized labor killed the steel industry? - (Silverlock) - (2)
                         Compared to what it used to be... - (bepatient) - (1)
                             Got any trade-off numbers - (Ashton)
                     Super Savers and other nonsense. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         Re: Super Savers and other nonsense. - (admin) - (1)
                             Clarification. - (mmoffitt)
                         Route restrictions - (bepatient) - (2)
                             Little cities lost out. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Concede loss of frequency. - (bepatient)
         I've always said current security is stoo-pid - (wharris2) - (7)
             Re: I've always said current security is stoo-pid - (deSitter) - (6)
                 Holy crud, you *admonished* them? - (wharris2) - (5)
                     Re: Holy crud, you *admonished* them? - (deSitter)
                     Re: Holy crud, you *admonished* them? - (jb4) - (3)
                         Re: Holy crud, you *admonished* them? - (wharris2) - (2)
                             Re: Holy crud, you *admonished* them? - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 Amen. -NT - (Ashton)
         Very Typical - (deSitter)
         Update - (deSitter)
         Re: The War on Airline Passengers (bad lang alert) - (wharris2) - (7)
             Let's hope we have some company - - (Ashton)
             Don't blame the airlines... - (bepatient) - (2)
                 We knew who the fed was / currently is run by - - (Ashton) - (1)
                     you have a firm grasp of the situation. -NT - (bepatient)
             Re: The War on Airline Passengers (bad lang alert) - (deSitter) - (2)
                 Re: The War on Airline Passengers (bad lang alert) - (wharris2)
                 Will let you know just after the vote on First Strike Now -NT - (Ashton)

LRPD Who Must Be Obeyed.
223 ms