IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sure...
Clinton good.

Bush bad.

And if its all about oil...how is it that this action would destroy the economy for the next decade? Never mind that 3 of the 4 major oil companies are not US companies....war has always been GOOD for the economy.

Its too late to make Bush's daddy look good.

Active revisionism may make Clinton look good.

Say what you want about the policy of tough talk so far...the inspectors are going back in...so something has come of it.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Even I have to disagree with jb4
Taking over Iraq is likely to have a huge beneficial economic impact for us. (ie: it WON'T destroy our economy.)

2nd - Bepatient is right, regardless of what you think of Bush, he has gotten inspectors back in Iraq (and is very likely to get complete and total access for the inspectors).

However, my point in this argument was that Clinton was knowledgable in to what he spoke of.

(ya know, because there are people out there saying Clinton bad; Bush good.)

But, that's okay, 'cause only Republicans can do things like that. Everyone knows that Clinton never accomplished anything or planned anything like invading Iraq. And everyone knows that if Clinton had invaded Iraq, it would be because he was trying to "wag the dog" and get people to ignore any domestic issues - like Monica.

Lucky for us, we have Bush, who would never try to invade Iraq to divert attention from Cheney's court date and Enron executatives still not being charged*.

* Actually this is no longer true - with one Enron executative pleading guilty to charges not yet even filed against him.
New That formula you guys keep using...
Ya know, the Clinton==bad, Bush==good? Well, it's half right.

Clinton==bad;
Bush==worse;
End of world rescheduled for day after tomorrow. Something should probably be done. Please advise.
New Thought I felt a bit of a quake ;-)
Its not just a Republican thing...now we have German officials saying Bush is wagging the dog...just like Hitler. Wow.

Both sides play the same game.

I'm just of the opinion that the invasion plans for Iraq have been on the books since about halfway through Clinton's presidency...Bush has dusted them off and shoved them down our throat no doubt...but the plans are sure to have been around for awhile.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Grin...
what's really funny is that if she had compared Clinton's tactics to "wagging the dog" to Hitler policies, there would've been in total agreement.

Cough...claim that Bush is doing the same thing and they're asking for your resignation.

Gotta love that.

Anyway, considering that Iraq kicked out the weapon inspectors in 1998, my guess is that as a minimum plans would've been drawn up then to consider an invasion of Iraq. (They should have been on the book much earlier than that.)

IMO: Bush would get a lot more traction from the US people if they hadn't tried to tie an attack of Iraq with 9/11 and claimed instead that they had planned to do this all along.
New Agreed - there would then have been a thin veneer of honesty
New What inspectors?
2nd - Bepatient is right, regardless of what you think of Bush, he has gotten inspectors back in Iraq (and is very likely to get complete and total access for the inspectors).

What inspectors are those? You see inspectors in Iraq? Now? Boy, pass whatever it is yer smokin' over here, because if yer seein' inspectors, it's goooood shit!

Once the smoke clears, Simon, all we have in Iraq is a "promise" to let inspectors in "sometime in the future".

That, and a buck fifty, will get you a ride on the CTA....

Until (and unless) the first UN inspector lands on Iraqi soil, and make his/her first inspection of a facility of his/her own choosing, your (and BP's) statement is simply, and patently, false.

Edit: Fixed egregious typos, and attributed statement to both Simon and Bill.
jb4
"About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead. "
-- Edsger W.Dijkstra (1930 - 2002)
(I wish more managers knew that...)
Expand Edited by jb4 Sept. 23, 2002, 01:05:53 PM EDT
New Touche
Currently there aren't inspectors - just a promise to let them in from Iraq.
New Dubya promised___ "to uphold the Constitution", too FWIW
     Undead horse and the Iraq timetable - (marlowe) - (16)
         Re: Where does the greater arrogance lay - (dmarker2) - (2)
             That's snide, ergo: you're among the legions of the Stupid. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Re: Me SNIDE !!! - ME ??? - You want snide do ya - RIGHT !! - (dmarker2)
         Re: Undead horse and the Iraq timetable - (Simon_Jester) - (12)
             I would hope... - (bepatient) - (11)
                 thoughts != acts - (jb4) - (10)
                     Sure... - (bepatient) - (8)
                         Even I have to disagree with jb4 - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                             That formula you guys keep using... - (inthane-chan)
                             Thought I felt a bit of a quake ;-) - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 Grin... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     Agreed - there would then have been a thin veneer of honesty -NT - (Ashton)
                             What inspectors? - (jb4) - (2)
                                 Touche - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     Dubya promised___ "to uphold the Constitution", too FWIW -NT - (Ashton)
                     Re: thoughts != acts - (wharris2)

But I can't help but think that one of his primary functions is to serve as a warning to others.
52 ms