IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Ermmm....
In this particular thread, I think it was Marlowe.

I do notice you didn't reply to my "why didn't he do anything" message, which was not a personal attack but an attack on the entire "Clinton is a genius" theory. But hell, if you want personal attacks, I'll deliver them to you and any other slavering Clinton-lovers who think he could do no wrong and was always right. To you, and those like you, he is the smartest guy since Einstein and whose bombing of asprin factories wasn't designed and timed coincidentally about the time the Lewinsky affair came to light nor to distract from the impeachment trial.

Duh. OK. Obligatory personal attack: you idiot.
The lawyers would mostly rather be what they are than get out of the way even if the cost was Hammerfall. - Jerry Pournelle
New What is it with certain people?
But hell, if you want personal attacks, I'll deliver them to you and any other slavering Clinton-lovers who think he could do no wrong and was always right. To you, and those like you, he is the smartest guy since Einstein and whose bombing of asprin factories wasn't designed and timed coincidentally about the time the Lewinsky affair came to light nor to distract from the impeachment trial.
So, what's with that?

"Clinton-lovers"

"do no wrong"

"always right"

"smartest guy since Einstein"

I'm not sure, but I don't think ANYONE has made ANY of those claims.
New Par
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New I agree....
It's par for the course.

Complain about Clinton and you're a Rush following Dittohead.
Praise Clinton and you're Monica Clinton loving fanatic.
New Finally, something we all can agree on. ;-)
I voted for Clinton both times. Given the Republican alternatives, I still would have voted for him both times, but I soured considerably on him as a candidate over time.

There is no question in my mind that Mr. Clinton is intelligent. The question really at hand is his ethics, and how far he went to hide his behaviors from the public at large. Quite frankly, I think that our country is all screwed up with it's puritan sex ethic (look at the Nordic peoples for what IMO is a much more sane attitude towards sex 'n violence - lots of the former, and not much of the latter except when necessary) and this obsession with sex (Sex? Yes please, and lots of it, but don't tell anybody...) helped to foster the environment in which somebody who behaves like Clinton becomes possible.

Yeah, he's not a very good person. I'd still rather have him for President than Shrub 'n cronies - at least we knew where the shafting was going on...
End of world rescheduled for day after tomorrow. Something should probably be done. Please advise.
New By this I assume you didn't see the interview.
Clinton = Rhodes Scholar
Bush = C- student

Nuff said.

Listen to the interview [link|http://home.hiwaay.net/~ellisc/LateShow/LateShow2002-09-11-32k.mp3|here] if you would care to become informed. (mp3)

(edit to add link)
"Can you wage war against an abstract noun?"
-Terry Jones
Expand Edited by Silverlock Sept. 13, 2002, 09:40:19 AM EDT
New Not a question of intellectual prowess
He is certainly bright enough. That is not his problem.
He can not operate from the courage of his convictions because he has neither.
He can lecture now, brilliantly, because he has no responsibility in the matter. If he did, he would be waffeling all over the place.
He could have been a great president. He had the potential. He failed miserably. Too bad.
New Actually...that was the original question
Silverlock's initial point was Clinton's range of vocabulary and his ability to articulate. (No arguement of morals was made.)

Wharris pointed out that Clinton was glib...

In other words, is he smart or just glib? (As in the definition "2. Marked by ease and fluency of speech or writing that often suggests or stems from insincerity, superficiality, or deceitfulness.")

(This initiated the "morals" aspect - and apparently, somehow, argued that Clinton wasn't as intelligent as he sounded. How you can be glib without being intelligent is left as an exercise to the reader.)

Marlowe, on the other hand - argued (weakly) that Clinton wasn't intelligent...just Silverlock was stupid.

It's not that he's smart. It's that you're stupid.

You're like some pathetic cult member. Or Monica Lewinsky.

No shades of grey about that.

With needless attacks thereafter.

Frankly, there's no argument (in my mind) that Clinton is well educated. There is, however, sufficient cause in his actions to warrent a query into his intelligence. (It takes a real moron to stand in front of a camera and tell the world that "I did not have sex with that women" when you did and the truth is BOUND to come out in today's politics.)

But then again, it's pretty stupid for a President to not mention the fact he's been in jail 3 times (with a DUI no less) until he's called on it during a campaign.

(The real question of intelligence is a pair of daughters of a President who think that they can pass themselves off with a fake ID card. "I wanna go where everybody knows my name....")
New Original, yes
What I was responding to was
>>Clinton = Rhodes Scholar
>>Bush = C- student
>>
>>Nuff said.

Smart or glib makes little difference that I can see. He now gets to spout whatever pleases him. The issue is now someone elses problem. As long as he doesn't say anything *REALLY* stupid, he can always come out looking great. He has no responsibility any more. He can state that some hard choices are the correct ones and it is still up to somebody else to take the heat of implementation. If he was right he can claim credit, if wrong, the other guy blew it. He's just a rather visible arm chair quarterback now.

New Presidency by polls.
He can state that some hard choices are the correct ones and it is still up to somebody else to take the heat of implementation.
I still recall that his presidency seemed to be dominated by whatever poll was last taken.

You're right. Now that he has no direct responsibility, he can spout off whatever he actually believes.
New Remeniscent of Reagan and the Brady Bill, eh?
End of world rescheduled for day after tomorrow. Something should probably be done. Please advise.
New Do not confuse intelligence with common sense
There are a lot of very intelligent people who make very bad decisions.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Just watched Clinton on Letterman - (Silverlock) - (26)
         Re: Just watched Clinton on Letterman - (jb4)
         Re: Just watched Clinton on Letterman - (wharris2) - (6)
             An answer for you - (Silverlock) - (5)
                 Uh-heh - (wharris2) - (4)
                     Nicely done - (Silverlock) - (3)
                         Re: Nicely done - (wharris2) - (2)
                             Whatever -NT - (Silverlock)
                             Depends on your definition of "do" -NT - (bbronson)
         It's not that he's smart. It's that you're stupid. - (marlowe) - (15)
             Sod off - (Silverlock) - (14)
                 Get off your high horse - (wharris2) - (13)
                     Ermmm.... - (Silverlock) - (12)
                         Re: Ermmm.... - (wharris2) - (11)
                             What is it with certain people? - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                 Par -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     I agree.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                         Finally, something we all can agree on. ;-) - (inthane-chan)
                             By this I assume you didn't see the interview. - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                 Not a question of intellectual prowess - (hnick) - (5)
                                     Actually...that was the original question - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                         Original, yes - (hnick) - (2)
                                             Presidency by polls. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                 Remeniscent of Reagan and the Brady Bill, eh? -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                         Do not confuse intelligence with common sense - (admin)
         haha - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             dont confuse glib with brilliance - (boxley)

He's so far to the right of the bell curve he could drop a marble and it wouldn't roll away.
69 ms